Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .hello Post 43915 by stockdan on Tuesday 25th of November 2003 04:43:59 AM
Old 11-25-2003
Thanks Rogier, but i think that was not the problem. In my opinion i had problems with the used makefile. I have no errors now.
Thanks

Daniel

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Undefined symbol: .getcury in getyx

Iam attempting a script to return the current cursor position using the getyc macro I have #included the curses.h however on compilation (with gcc) it errors with Undefined symbol .getcury Undefined symbol .gercurx Any ideas where I can find a solution or what I've missed (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
7 Replies

2. Programming

shared object "undefined symbol: fstat" error

Didn't have this problem in AIX, but ported to Linux with GCC compiler and am now getting a runtime error: tssutil: symbol lookup error: /work/agility/devel/bin/libagam.so: undefined symbol: fstat I'm sure most of you know that fstat is an intrinsic function just like printf, memcpy, etc. When I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
5 Replies

3. AIX

Getting error "Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6"

Hi, I am using xlC compiler. The compilation goes fine but at the time of linking it gives the following error ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .u_strlen_2_6 ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nachiketv
0 Replies

4. Programming

undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error

Hi, i've compiled my app on x86_64 with -m32 gcc option. Can anybody tell me what is/would typically cause the 'undefined symbol: clock_gettime' error?? -1 k){0N!x y} '/home/da71336/simon/mkvfh/mkv.so: undefined symbol: clock_gettime @ "q" "subr:mkv 2:`subr,3; subc:mkv 2:`subc,1;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpa078
4 Replies

5. AIX

Undefined symbol: .log

Hi All, When I am compiling expect 5.40 library in AIX 5.3, I am getting the following error while generating expect5.40.so file. ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .log ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pow ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra_maddal
0 Replies

6. Programming

Error: Undefined Symbol ..... First referenced in file......

Hi, I am working with Solaris 5.9 and I am newbie in Socket programming and I stated working with socket programming and I copyed a simple client & server program from a website which I am attaching with this and when I am compiling these files.I am getting the error-- Please Help me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

7. Programming

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: stdscr

I am trying to compile pro*c program on aix 5.3. The program compiled fine when I was using curses library. After switching to ncurses, I have started getting compilation errors. After installing ncurses on the box, I changed the -lcurses flag to -lncurses. I have also updated the path to the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: wvuguy
13 Replies

8. Programming

gmake undefined symbol error

I have a C code which i am trying to compile using gcc. When i am trying to compile it i get the error undefined symbol error though i am providing the -l*** option where *** refers to the module where the object files for those symbols are present. Can someone help me on the same. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
4 Replies

9. Programming

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undefined Symbol

When I try to link a .so file I get the undefined symbol error. Though I have the library file in my system. The compile and linking commands used are as follows g++ -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -c dxl_sample.c g++ -o firstprogram -m64 -g -Wall -I./include -Bdynamic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ranadeep Ghosal
1 Replies
ccmakedep(1)						      General Commands Manual						      ccmakedep(1)

NAME
ccmakedep - create dependencies in makefiles using a C compiler SYNOPSIS
ccmakedep [ cpp-flags ] [ -wwidth ] [ -smagic-string ] [ -fmakefile ] [ -oobject-suffix ] [ -v ] [ -a ] [ -cccompiler ] [ -- options -- ] sourcefile ... DESCRIPTION
The ccmakedep program calls a C compiler to preprocess each sourcefile, and uses the output to construct makefile rules describing their dependencies. These rules instruct make(1) on which object files must be recompiled when a dependency has changed. By default, ccmakedep places its output in the file named makefile if it exists, otherwise Makefile. An alternate makefile may be speci- fied with the -f option. It first searches the makefile for a line beginning with # DO NOT DELETE or one provided with the -s option, as a delimiter for the dependency output. If it finds it, it will delete everything following this up to the end of the makefile and put the output after this line. If it doesn't find it, the program will append the string to the makefile and place the output after that. EXAMPLE
Normally, ccmakedep will be used in a makefile target so that typing 'make depend' will bring the dependencies up to date for the makefile. For example, SRCS = file1.c file2.c ... CFLAGS = -O -DHACK -I../foobar -xyz depend: ccmakedep -- $(CFLAGS) -- $(SRCS) OPTIONS
The program will ignore any option that it does not understand, so you may use the same arguments that you would for cc(1), including -D and -U options to define and undefine symbols and -I to set the include path. -a Append the dependencies to the file instead of replacing existing dependencies. -cccompiler Use this compiler to generate dependencies. -fmakefile Filename. This allows you to specify an alternate makefile in which ccmakedep can place its output. Specifying "-" as the file name (that is, -f-) sends the output to standard output instead of modifying an existing file. -sstring Starting string delimiter. This option permits you to specify a different string for ccmakedep to look for in the makefile. The default is "# DO NOT DELETE". -v Be verbose: display the C compiler command before running it. -- options -- If ccmakedep encounters a double hyphen (--) in the argument list, then any unrecognized arguments following it will be silently ignored. A second double hyphen terminates this special treatment. In this way, ccmakedep can be made to safely ignore esoteric compiler arguments that might normally be found in a CFLAGS make macro (see the EXAMPLE section above). -D, -I, and -U options appearing between the pair of double hyphens are still processed normally. SEE ALSO
cc(1), make(1), makedepend(1), ccmakedep(1). AUTHOR
ccmakedep was written by the X Consortium. Colin Watson wrote this manual page, originally for the Debian Project, based partly on the manual page for makedepend(1). X Version 11 imake 1.0.5 ccmakedep(1)