Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UUencode UUdecode
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UUencode UUdecode Post 43882 by myelvis on Monday 24th of November 2003 02:59:11 PM
Old 11-24-2003
Thanks Perderabo...

Oops it was encoding .. thanks again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode

hi all, I dont know of this is a duplicate thread, but the thread i started a while ago wasnot posted still. ok my question is i have a shell script named "mail_editck.sh". i have to include some reports in it so that i can get the email when they are done. the syntax goes like this. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejasingaraju17
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode & uudecode - permissions

$ ls -l example_1.sh -rwxr--r-- 1 vsetm7am nofiles 918 Sep 5 19:54 example_1.sh $ stat -c %a example_1.sh 744 $ uuencode "test.file" <example_1.sh >uuexample.uu $ uudecode uuexample.uu $ ls -l test.file -rw-r--r-- 1 vsetm7am nofiles 918 Sep 7 14:44 test.file How come that the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartyIX
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uuencode

Hi All, I have a queryin the uuencode option. Actually i need to attach two files in a single mail. I am aware of attaching a single file using the command below. (echo " The first file ";uuencode file1 file1) | mailx -s " The files " venkidhadha@in.com However i am not sure what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with uuencode

i used below code to attach a file but it's not attaching the file but sendinf a simple mail uuencode ${discord_file} mail_list.txt | mailx -s "TEST MAIL" xxx@yahoo.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: punitpa
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode error

hi all, i get the following error when i try and email a file as an attachment on a solaris box. the command is /usr/bin/uuencode $fileName $fileName | /usr/bin/mailx -s "file" $emailTo and the error is : /usr/bin/uuencode: ISO8859-1 to 646 conversion: Invalid argument The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uuencode

Ello I am having trouble getting uuencode to work. This is the command I am using. gzip -c /directory/path/file.txt | uuencode /directory/path/file.txt.gz | \ /usr/bin/mailx -s"file -$(date)" email@email.com < /directory/path/file.txt.gz However when I receive the email there is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: demention
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uuencode without attachment

Hi All, I'm using uuencode to send out mail from unix to lotus notes,but i dont have any attachment to send out, I'm getting this message in the body of the mail "Usage: uuencode remotedest" however if i dont use uuencode I'm not able to send out mail Please help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwrm
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uuencode & Uudecode - file gets corrupted

I need to convert jar files from bin-to-ascii, and then reverse ascii-to-bin. The 'cksum' do not match for few files before and after. Any idea why Uuencode is corrupting some files? I am using the following commands: To encode: uuencode -m /tmp/in/myfile.jar myfile.jar >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishwarya_rai
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode

HI, I want to zip it before sending to email. -- This works fine. uuencode gtsa_lmt_pb_rfs_daily.txt ukba_pb_rfs_daily.csv | mailx -s "ukba_pb_rfs_daily" test@abc.com --Below command is not working, it sends zunk file. uuencode gtsa_lmt_pb_rfs_daily.txt ukba_pb_rfs_daily.csv | gzip... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sampath.Rachcha
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

uuencode problem

Hi, I am making a shell script on HP-UX that will do some Oracle db query and fetch data. Then after formatting the output files (there are two files) in a csv format, I want to send them as email attachments. Unfortunately the email contains garbage. I could not find solution to the problem... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
13 Replies
NE_I18N_INIT(3) 						neon API reference						   NE_I18N_INIT(3)

NAME
ne_i18n_init - functions to initialize internationalization support SYNOPSIS
#include <ne_i18n.h> void ne_i18n_init(const char *encoding); DESCRIPTION
The ne_i18n_init function can be used to enable support for translated messages in the neon library. The encoding parameter, if non-NULL, specifies the character encoding required for generated translated string. If it is NULL, the appropriate character encoding for the process locale will be used. This call is only strictly necessary if either: 1. neon has been installed into a different prefix than the gettext implementation on which it depends for i18n purposes, or 2. the caller requires that translated messages are in a particular character encoding. If ne_i18n_init is never called, the message catalogs will not be found if case (a) applies (and so English error messages will be used), and will use the default character encoding specified by the process locale. The library will otherwise operate correctly. Note that the encoding used is a process-global setting and so results may be unexpected if other users of neon within the process call ne_i18n_init with a different encoding parameter. SEE ALSO
ne_sock_init AUTHOR
Joe Orton <neon@lists.manyfish.co.uk> Author. COPYRIGHT
neon 0.30.0 31 July 2013 NE_I18N_INIT(3)