Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command: ditto on mac os x?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command: ditto on mac os x? Post 43798 by 3bumbs plumming on Saturday 22nd of November 2003 03:27:21 AM
Old 11-22-2003
Computer here it is

openbsd.mirrors.pair.com/src/usr.sbin/httpd/configure

or you can goto www.google.com/bsd
it is the unix search for google

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Why won't the at command work in Mac OS X?

I typed: echo "echo hi > at_log.txt" | at now +1minute to test the at command on my terminal. I got the message: job 8 at Thu Feb 25 18:42:00 2010 I waited for a minute but nothing happened. I tried listing at_log.txt, but it said there was no such file. Am I doing something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp/ditto and ignore I/O errors?

Hi I am copying some old CDs to HD and while copying a lot of them have I/O errors. What I'm doing right now is sudoing the cp command to force the cp to finish but when I do this it takes about an hour to copy 500mb, which without errors would normally take 2-3 minutes. I assume it takes so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dloruss1
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Can I erase and start my mac with unix command

I made a tragic error and erased the extensions manager from my IMac. Now, I can't get the computer to boot up. It just stays on the gray screen. I've tried using the open apple+s method, which brings up the command console (not sure if I've got the lingo down right), and I've tried everything, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccff22290
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sender name in the format "MAC [mac@yahoo.com]" in mailx command.

Hi Guys, I want the sender name in the format of "MAC " in the mailx command. I tried the below command but it is throwing error. > mailx -s "Test" -r 'MAC ' xxx@gmail.com EOT contains invalid character 'xxcd:~> Can somebody help me out here. Cheers!!!! ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
0 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)