Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: move from Win -> Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers move from Win -> Unix Post 43796 by 3bumbs plumming on Saturday 22nd of November 2003 03:20:20 AM
Old 11-22-2003
Computer what i recommend is ........

here is a linux os that will work on a 386sx and has a gui and windows frienly! lycoris xl
you can download it from www.linuxiso.org
you only need the 1st iso or disk
the other are for devlopment windows friendly has wine built in to it just click on the windows flag and it will work i have it works good if you do not have high speed internet then you can order form frys computer store it is about 30$ comes with open office and koffice and so on and updates are very easy on click does it all

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX/Win passwd synchronization utility

I know I saw a couple posts about this a long time ago, but could not find them with search. Please refresh my memory. -Chuck (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummie Please Help With Unix And Win Xp

Please help : I have a question i am just starting to study UNIX and i need some advice,as my teacher isn,t the helpful type. I have just formatted my pc and partitioned it with win98 and winxp, do i need to create a partion for UNIX ??? OR is UNIX run in whatever partion i want it ???? Will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DAFFYY30
6 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

win,unix

hi, Could anyone tell me mounting windows directories in unix.I have used mount command in all directions like mounting hd00,hd1,hd2,hd3 and so on but that don't work for me Mohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount Win folder in UNIX ??

Hello, I like to mount an windows folder on my NT4 system in my UNIX system. How can i do that, i have installed SAMBA 2.2.7 on my Unix machine so i can access the UNIX machine from the NT . Do i need to install anything on the NT machine, or anymore software on the UNIX. I tried to do an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
5 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

RCP from Sco Unix to Win XP

Hello, Native XP rcp does not have a password prompt as far as I can see. I require a rcp.exe to copy a file from Sco to my XP pc. I did have this program that was part of pcnfs a few years ago. I need to run a scheduled batch job from a command line being. rcp.exe 192.168.5.33 -user root... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil martin
0 Replies

6. AIX

Large Data move from Win to AIX

Hi All, I have a requirement to move a large amount of data *approx 160 GB* from a windows formatted SAN to AIX. The data is made up of several hundred thousand small files. Does anyone have a recommendation for the best tool or best procedure for this? Regards, Neil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stewartna77
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP file from win to UNIX

hi all, i hv written the script for file transfer when i am trying to transfer the file on windows machine only same desktop from one location to another location that is working fine but when i am trying to transfer the same to unix server it is going in infinte loop and file is also not getting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way for central user managet UNIX/Linux/win?

Hey there, I want to centralize my user managet in the next days, at first i want only centralize the user from my local network and later also from my servers. So I started looking around what I could use for this and only found openLDAP. I want to manage users for linux, OSX and Windows (if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dryPants
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script in UNIX m/c from win 7 using ksh

I need to run a shell script on unix machine from windows 7. I used the "RSH" command in win XP successfully for this, But on win 7 it is not working. Can any body tell me how to run RSH on win 7 or any other command for similar use. I use the command as below rsh <unix m/c> -l <username>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arup1980
1 Replies
XUnmapWindow(3) 						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						   XUnmapWindow(3)

NAME
XUnmapWindow, XUnmapSubwindows - unmap windows SYNTAX
int XUnmapWindow(Display *display, Window w); int XUnmapSubwindows(Display *display, Window w); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. w Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
The XUnmapWindow function unmaps the specified window and causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event. If the specified window is already unmapped, XUnmapWindow has no effect. Normal exposure processing on formerly obscured windows is performed. Any child window will no longer be visible until another map call is made on the parent. In other words, the subwindows are still mapped but are not visible until the parent is mapped. Unmapping a window will generate Expose events on windows that were formerly obscured by it. XUnmapWindow can generate a BadWindow error. The XUnmapSubwindows function unmaps all subwindows for the specified window in bottom-to-top stacking order. It causes the X server to generate an UnmapNotify event on each subwindow and Expose events on formerly obscured windows. Using this function is much more efficient than unmapping multiple windows one at a time because the server needs to perform much of the work only once, for all of the windows, rather than for each window. XUnmapSubwindows can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XChangeWindowAttributes(3), XConfigureWindow(3), XCreateWindow(3), XDestroyWindow(3), XMapWindow(3) XRaiseWindow(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XUnmapWindow(3)