Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't logon
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't logon Post 43783 by google on Friday 21st of November 2003 08:26:33 PM
Old 11-21-2003
What OS are you using? If you are using a Linux variant, then you can easily overcome this with Toms Root boot.Toms RooT BooT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Logon Problem

Hellow, I am using SCO Unixware version 7.1.1 on a machine, when I start this machine, after logon, one message window appears " Message ! with Ok button ", when I click on Ok button it again goes to logon windows. Can somebody help me regarding this. Thanks in advance... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

logon to ssh

Hi, I need to run a command remotely, rsh is disabled so I'm trying to do this: ssh myserver ls -lst /work/jsf The problem is that this prompts for a password and I want to do it in a shell script. How can I pass the password without user interaction? I tried "echo mypass | ssh_command" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocky_triton
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Logon script

Hi: I am wondering if anyone has a logon script to be put in /etc/profile or environments that will display the logged on username and path? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

About Logon

hi how can I know abt the details of current user who are logged on and as well as those users who currently have an account but are not logged on? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ssh logon

Hi I am envountring a problem while I login using ssh on a sun box to a remote box. I use ssh user@server and it takes long time to ask for a password.. does anyone knows the reason behind this? or is there a way that this could be solved Thanks, Antony (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
8 Replies

6. AIX

aix logon

how do I create a script to logon to db2inst1 with a password , then issue db2 command :( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trekme
5 Replies

7. Solaris

user logon details

how can i identifying whose are logged in last few days,time and date also want. what i will do for get that information (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logon/Logoff script

I need help for writing a logon/logoff script for recording user's computer usage time. This is for local login only, not for ssh or something like that. When a user logon, there should be a temp file (/home/acct/login_temp) generated including the logname and logon time information in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimx
8 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cannot logon using elinks

There are some computers in the firm that have no GUI, so I use elinks (ELinks - Full-Featured Text WWW Browser) to access the internet. However, logging onto the unix.com forums is not possible, because the page hangs at "Thank you for logging onto the forums, " There is also a line "Please click... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

10. SCO

Openserver 5.0.5 - logon delay

We have an OpenServer 5.0.5 system that has worked forever, but I'm hearing complaints of logon delays for users now. Normally they would telnet in and the logon screen would pop up, but now it sometimes takes a minute or more, and the user must hit the enter key to get it to appear. Everything... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: citygov
11 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change your login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [-s shell] [-l] [-u] [-v] [username] DESCRIPTION
chsh is used to change your login shell. If a shell is not given on the command line, chsh prompts for one. chsh is used to change local entries only. Use ypchsh, lchsh or any other implementation for non-local entries. OPTIONS
-s, --shell shell Specify your login shell. -l, --list-shells Print the list of shells listed in /etc/shells and exit. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. VALID SHELLS
chsh will accept the full pathname of any executable file on the system. However, it will issue a warning if the shell is not listed in the /etc/shells file. On the other hand, it can also be configured such that it will only accept shells listed in this file, unless you are root. EXIT STATUS
Returns 0 if operation was successful, 1 if operation failed or command syntax was not valid. SEE ALSO
login(1), passwd(5), shells(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The chsh command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 CHSH(1)