Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: key binding in the terminal
Operating Systems Solaris key binding in the terminal Post 43636 by orid on Thursday 20th of November 2003 04:00:51 AM
Old 11-20-2003
key binding in the terminal

keith
if I understood correctly, then I am working under a gui (I am not sure it is cde, how can I find out?)
the file /usr/dt/lib/bindings/xmbind.alias exists and contains something like this:
!
! bindings alias file
!
! format:
! "<ServerVendor(display)>[<space><VendorRelease(display)>]" bindings_file
!
"Acorn Computers Ltd" acorn
"Apollo Computer Inc." apollo
"DECWINDOWS DigitalEquipmentCorp." dec
"DECWINDOWS DigitalEquipmentCorporation UWS2.2" dec

1. is this the right file for me?
2. where can I find the format for editing (binding keys)?
3. how do I invoke these bindigs?

P.S I am not an administrator (don't have admistrator access)
thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to toggle BACKSPACE/DEL function for backArrow key for terminal other than xterm?

Hi all, I've got the problem which I can't resolve with my knowledge :) For xterm terminal we have resource class XTerm*backarrowKey. If we set it to true, backspace code (ASCII 0x8) will be sent to program. We can get it using e.g. getc() function. If it is disabled getc() returns DEL(0x7F). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmitryb
0 Replies

2. Programming

Sending INtr key for remote terminal

Hi folks, Just wondering if anyone knows how to send intr/break key to remote tty (shell), a simple example would be great! thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

binding problems

i had a problem when using the bind function.. that is when i create a socket and bind it with a address(usually some file name)... when i run it once it goes on fine but the second time it tells a error since there is already a socket file in that name created by my previous run... but when i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damn_bkb
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Binding the IP address

hi all, i have an udp based application that doesn't bind to any particular address. -->while sneding the packets, i have some doubts.... 1) can the packet be transmitted with an source ip address as 0.0.0.0 2) if we select an interface based on destination ip address,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaypdp2006
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Binding the port number.

Hi all, Application A is using an port number 100 and is binded to an interface 1. Application B is using an port number 100 and is binded to an interface 2. can we bind the two applications on same port number based on interfaces. what i want to know is two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaypdp2006
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting terminal with shortcut key combination

How can the shortcut keys be defined that would open up a terminal window? When using a kvm switch, the mouse sometimes does not work, but the keyboard does, and by opening up a terminal window using a shortcut key combination, the mouse can be restarted by entering the predefined mouserestart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conky apps key binding so that no need to minimize the windows open to see desktop

Hi I would like to ask if someone try or is there any key binding about the conky apps..I would like to know if it possible to key bind the conky running in desktop so that everytime i want to see the running conkyrc on the desktop there is no need for me to minimize the open windows inorder... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Using a private key with SSH in terminal

Before you get the wrong idea, I am not looking for how to generate one. I have a key from a server admin but I can't figure out how to use it in OS X. I have the key, the address and everything I should need but there doesn't seem to be a step by step on how to install the key and use it in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylebellamy
4 Replies
XrmStringToBindingQuarkList()											     XrmStringToBindingQuarkList()

Name
  XrmStringToBindingQuarkList - convert a key string to a binding list and a quark list.

Synopsis
  XrmStringToBindingQuarkList(string, bindings_return, quarks_return)
	  char *string;
	  XrmBindingList bindings_return;
	  XrmQuarkList quarks_return;

Arguments
  string    Specifies the string for which the list of quarks and list of bindings_return are to be generated.	Must be NULL-terminated.

bindings_return
	    Returns the binding list.  The caller must allocate sufficient space for the binding list before the call.

quarks_return
	    Returns the list of quarks.  The caller must allocate sufficient space for the quarks list before the call.

Description
  XrmStringToBindingQuarkList() converts a resource specification string into two lists - one of quarks and one of bindings.  Component names
  in the list are separated by a dot (.) indicating a tight binding or an asterisk (*) indicating a loose binding.  If the  string  does  not
  start with dot or asterisk, a dot (".") is assumed.

A  tight  binding means that the quarks on either side of the binding are consecutive in the key.  A loose binding, on the other hand, is a
  wildcard that can match any number of unspecified components in between the two quarks separated by the binding.  Tight and loose  bindings
  are used in the match rules, which compare multicomponent strings to find matches and determine the best match.  See XrmGetResource() for a
  full description of lookup rules.

For example, *a.b*c becomes:

quarks	 bindings
a	 XrmBindLoosely
b	 XrmBindTightly
c	 XrmBindLoosely

For more information, see Volume One, Chapter 13, Managing User Preferences.

Structures
     typedef int XrmQuark, *XrmQuarkList;
     typedef enum (
	 XrmBindLoosely, XrmBindTightly
     ) XrmBinding, *XrmBindingList;

See Also
  XrmDestroyDatabase(), XrmGetFileDatabase(), XrmGetResource(), XrmGetStringDatabase(),  XrmInitialize(),  XrmMergeDatabases(),  XrmParseCom-
  mand(),  XrmPutFileDatabase(),  XrmPutLineResource(),  XrmPutResource(),  XrmPutStringResource(),  XrmQGetResource(),  XrmQGetSearchList(),
  XrmQGetSearchResource(), XrmQPutResource(), XrmQPutStringResource(), XrmQuarkToString(), XrmStringToQuarkList(), XrmStringToQuark(),	XrmU-
  niqueQuark().

Xlib - Resource Manager 											     XrmStringToBindingQuarkList()