Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: copying
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copying Post 43481 by pressy on Tuesday 18th of November 2003 10:15:05 AM
Old 11-18-2003

cp rptlog /dump/backup.log.files/rptlog111603

you could try such easy steps with small files ...

greetings Preßy

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying a file

hello, i have to copy a file from one directory to another directory in linux. how to do this using a c function? kindly ans to my query. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying a file to another

hi group... needed some help regarding this requirement actually we have a set of zip files in a server we have two types of zip files one as usual .zip extension and one with .zip_m extension... we need to copy the files from .zip_m extension to .zip extension with same file name ... it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_aqua14
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying file

is there anyway to copy a file which i don't have permission? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dakid
1 Replies

4. Programming

Copying!

Can anybody point out the difference between shallow copying, deep copying and bitwise copying in C++? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Copying Files and

I am new user to solaris and installed solaris operating system on full Harddisk 120Gb. I am unable to copy music files to desktop and /home directory. One thing happened while registering is- i entered login-root and its password. The message prompted your system is crashed. Is it because of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patilmukundraj
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please, I need help with copying a file.

Hello. I don't know much about UNIX. Here is a problem I need to resolve. There is a file "file1.txt". It contains the line "End Of Copy" somewhere in the middle. I need to copy file1.txt to another file, "file2.txt" until this line. So, if the "file1.txt" is Line 1 Line 2 Line 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eugene
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying only the file name

Hi I just want to copy the file name from the input file. Below is the code I have used but the answer comes with quotation . $ cat test.sh file_name=\'$1\' echo $file_name $ sh test.sh grants.dat 'grants.dat' How do I remove the quotation Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krishnaramjis
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying with a certain extension

trying to copy all the files without extension then add "*.txt" but its not working is there any other way and i do not want to use cpio -vdump just want to use copy command FROM=/usr/share/doc TO=/aleza/doc #the follow function copies all the files without extensions call(){ cd $FROM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elginmulizwa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in copying the file once

hi all , i had a following problem in my script filename=oas/data/output.txt printf"content1" >> $filename printf"content2" >> $filename printf"content3" >> $filename printf"content4" >> $filename printf"content5" >> $filename printf"content6" >> $filename my contents are different... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
6 Replies
grep-changelog(1)					      General Commands Manual						 grep-changelog(1)

NAME
grep-changelog - print ChangeLog entries matching criteria SYNOPSIS
grep-changelog [options] [CHANGELOG...] DESCRIPTION
grep-changelog searches the named CHANGELOGs (by default files matching the regular expressions ChangeLog and ChangeLog.[0-9]+) for entries matching the specified criteria. At least one option or file must be specified. This program is distributed with GNU Emacs. OPTIONS
The program accepts unambiguous abbreviations for option names. --author=AUTHOR Print entries whose author matches regular expression AUTHOR. --text=TEXT Print entries whose text matches regular expression TEXT. --exclude=TEXT Exclude entries matching regular expression TEXT. --from-date=YYYY-MM-DD Only consider entries made on or after the given date. ChangeLog date entries not in the "YYYY-MM-DD" format are never matched. --to-date=YYYY-MM-DD Only consider entries made on or before the given date. --rcs-log Print output in a format suitable for RCS log entries. This format removes author lines, leading spaces, and file names. --with-date In RCS log format, print short dates. --reverse Show matches in reverse order. --version Display version information. --help Display basic usage information. COPYING
Copyright (C) 2008-2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this document provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are preserved on all copies. Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this document under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to this one. Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this document into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions, except that this permission notice may be stated in a translation approved by the Free Software Foundation. grep-changelog(1)