Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Filesystem for Linux - Solaris Post 43449 by SolidSnake on Tuesday 18th of November 2003 02:16:53 AM
Old 11-18-2003
Reply to your reply

Thanks, your info were quite helpful!Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris filesystem

Dear all can we create more than one file system in single slice? I am using solaris 8 ultra spark machine. regards S.Balu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbaloo
2 Replies

2. Linux

Linux filesystem

Hi all, Suppose i have a disk having three partitions (hda1,hda2,hda3) ,and are mounted all under /dev/ .. My question is where the / will be existing.which file system it wil be in? I am windows user new to linux/unix.Any help in learning internals would be appreciated . Thanks ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gkrishn
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How can I mount a ufs filesystem on a solaris 10 sparc onto a Linux server

Hi there, I am trying to mount a SAN volume (which is mapped to solaris sparc) partitioned with ufs filesystem onto a linux (intel processor 64bit) server. *I have re-compiled the linux kernel t support ufs fstype with ro mount support. filesystem on solaris:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

filesystem in solaris 8

Hi All, Can someone give me some info regarding where's the mount point or slice of /var. It's not in /etc/vfstab. I only find it in: bash-2.03# cat /etc/mnttab | grep var swap /var/run tmpfs dev=1 1215228103 How do I increase the size of it? Thanks in advance for any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

5. Solaris

The filesystem is still full - Solaris 10!

Good morning, sir! I've a problem with FileSystem, the problem is FileSystem is full First time, I've already read carefully the sticky thread FileSystem full - What to lock for https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/25840-filesystem-full-what-look.html And then, I will post some information of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

mounting filesystem twice on Solaris

Hello, In a shared storage environment is their anything to stop being able to mount the same filesystem on two hosts by accident, a flag being set or something on the storage? If it did happen would one of the hosts panic? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resize a filesystem in solaris 10

i am facing a problem, i would like to resize a file system called /pcard04 i am not useing any voulme manager and we have a NETAPP center storge. what i did is root@cms-dev # df -h | grep /pcard04 /dev/dsk/c4t60A9800043346C35636F2D6D4F354743d0s0 5.2G 4.0G 1.0G 80% /pcard04 then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Need on Veritas filesystem, solaris

Hello Folks, Was wondering if you can help me make the following disk back online, Disk_22 auto - - error I am using Solaris 9 and veritas version 4. Anep (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem

Hi, Is there a command that list the unmounted filesystems ? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwesh
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's the difference of filesystem of Solaris to filesystem of Windows? I need to compare both. I have read some over the net but it's so much technical. Could you explain it in a more simpler term? I am new to Solaris. Hope you help me guys. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
4 Replies
filesystem(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					     filesystem(7)

NAME
filesystem - event signalling that filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
filesystem [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The filesystem event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all filesystems listed in fstab(5). mountall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once filesystems are mounted might use: start on filesystem SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) mountall 2009-12-21 filesystem(7)