Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: case insensitive locate
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers case insensitive locate Post 43436 by davis.ml on Monday 17th of November 2003 04:08:13 PM
Old 11-17-2003
Java case insensitive locate

How can I do a case insensitive locate?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk case-insensitive

can I tell awk to be case insensitive for one operation without setting the ignorecase value ? thanks, Steffen (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make case insensitive checks????

Hi, I have tried to make the conditions similar to the below one's, perhaps, I am not sure if there are any more way's to do that???? if ) ]] echo "Whatever" fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

case insensitive

hi everyone, I need to do the following thing in a case insesitive mode sed 's/work/job/g' filename since work could appear in different form as Work WORK WorK wORK,.... I was wondering if i could do a case insensitive search of a word. thanks in advance, :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

case-insensitive if on substring

I'd like to print a line if a substring is matched in a case insensitive manner something like do a case insensitive search for ABCD as a substring: awk '{ if (substr($1,1,4) == "") print $1 }' infile > outfile I'm not certain how to make the syntax work??? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

case-insensitive search with AWK

Hi All, How we can perform case-insensitive search with AWK.:rolleyes: regards, Sam (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam25
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case Insensitive search

Hey , i am trying to do a search for the certain books , and im trying to make it case insensitive. what i have come up with so far is this : Database.txt RETARDED MONKEY:RACHEAL ABRAHAML:30:30:20 GOLD:FATIN:23.20:12:3 STUPID:JERLYN:20:40:3 echo -n "Title: " read Title echo -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a string (case insensitive)?

Hi, Please help me in following prob. I have a input file in which UPDATE statements will be present. I need to check the count of the rows impacted by each statement. I am using below code to do so: $dml --> File having UPDATE SQLs like Update <table_name> Set <field>=<value>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

penalty for case insensitive grep

I just found out there were a big performance penalty for case insensitive "grep" on big files. It would be understandable, except that the penalty seems to be exaggerated out of proportion. A real example, if I only grep a single letter "V" (or "v") , without "-i", on a big file, (file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil518
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using FIND with case insensitive search

I am using HP-Unix B.11.31. Question: How to do the case insensitive search using FIND? Example: I would like list the files with extension of *.SQL & *.sql. When I try with command find . -type f -name *.sql, it does not lists file with *.SQL. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command for a case insensitive search

Hi All, What is the command to search a file for a case-insensitive match 1.grep -nc text filename 2.grep -i text filename 3.grep -i filename text 4.grep -nc filename text 5.grep -c text filename Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
1 Replies
LOCATE.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    LOCATE.CONF(5)

NAME
locate.conf -- locate database configuration file DESCRIPTION
The locate.conf file specifies the behavior of locate.updatedb(8), which creates the locate(1) database. The locate.conf file contains a list of newline separated records, each of which is composed of a keyword and arguments, which are separated by white space. Arguments with embedded shell metacharacters must be quoted in sh(1) style. Lines beginning with ``#'' are treated as com- ments and ignored. However, a ``#'' in the middle of a line does not start a comment. The configuration options are as follows: ignore pattern ... Ignore files or directories. When building the database, do not descend into files or directories which match one of the specified patterns. The matched files or directories are not stored to the database. Default: Not specified. ignorecontents pattern ... Ignore contents of directories. When building the database, do not descend into files or directories which match one of the speci- fied patterns. The matched files or directories themselves are stored to the database. Default: Not specified. ignorefs type ... Ignore file system by type, adding type to the default list. When building the database, do not descend into file systems which are of the specified type. The mount points are not stored to the database. If a ``!'' is prepended to type, the meaning is negated, that is, ignore file systems which do not have the type. As a special case, if ``none'' is specified for type, the ignorefs list is cleared and all file systems are traversed. type is used as an argument to find(1) -fstype. The sysctl(8) command can be used to find out the types of file systems that are available on the system: sysctl vfs.generic.fstypes Default: !local cd9660 fdesc kernfs procfs searchpath directory ... Specify base directories to be put in the database. Default: / workdir directory Specify the working directory of locate.updatedb, in which a temporary file is placed. The temporary file is a list of all files, and you should specify a directory that has enough space to hold it. Default: /tmp Refer to find(1) for the details of pattern (see -path expression) and type (see -fstype expression). FILES
/etc/locate.conf The file locate.conf resides in /etc. SEE ALSO
find(1), locate(1), locate.updatedb(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The locate.conf file format first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. AUTHORS
ITOH Yasufumi BSD
July 10, 2011 BSD