Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk printf problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users awk printf problem Post 43255 by Perderabo on Friday 14th of November 2003 12:29:22 AM
Old 11-14-2003
It varies. On my Sun it's 1.7976931348623157E+308

But do a "man limits" or find your <limits.h> and look up your value for DBL_MAX.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

disturbing problem with PRINTF() !!

hello everybody, here is my problem: ________________________________________ #include <stdio.h> int main() { int i=10; printf("value is %i",i); return 0; } _________________________________________ when i compile and execute, nothing appears on screen!! but if i replace the printf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brain_processin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: printf indentation problem

hi all, im having a problem with using perl printf. my requirement is to print a string (like ) at the right most end of the screen. i tried this perl script, but it fails with an error; #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my $scrW = 0; my $str = `stty size`; # get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolwy_pete
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf problem

I have the following code: $ awk '{ printf "%-10s %s\n", $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $5, $6 }' file i can only print the first 2 elements ($1,$2). How can i print all the elements to appear like this: aardvark 5555553 jhfjhfjkg efiigig ejkfjkej wjkdjk alpo-net 5553412 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DDoS
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk printf problem

Hi, I've got a basic problem using printf statement in awk. I want to write float values with always 8 characters width. Examples : 1.345678 12.45678 123.4567 1234.678 -23.5678 -2.45678 -23456.8 ..... I cannot find the right printf format %8.1f, %7.5f.... Can anyone help ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cazhot
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and printf

echo $bbsize 1.5 echo $fillpercent .95 echo $bbsize | awk '{printf "%.2f\n",$0*$fillpercent}' 2.25 echo $bbsize | awk '{printf "%.2f\n",$0*.95}' 1.42 1.42 is what I'm expecting... echo $blocksize 4096 echo $bbsize | awk '{printf "%.2f\n",$0*$blocksize}' 2.25 echo $bbsize |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF and awk/printf

Hi Friends, Scripting newb here. So I'm trying to create a geektool script that uses awk and printf to output certain fields from top (namely command, cpu%, rsize, pid and time, in that order). After much trial and error, I've pretty much succeeded, with one exception. Any process whose name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thom.mattson
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf problem

I am having a major problem with printf, The more I pad it, the less I see :( The problem is in the first function, report Am I ruining output somewhere? I wont print out the names propely, it cuts them off or deletes them completely :( #!/bin/bash report() { printf "%-10s" STUD# ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: L0ckz0r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf problem

In one of the scripts I am using pintf function as following printf "%s%s%s\n" "$f1" "$f2" "$f3" f3 variable contains a string of 10 characters. However it has value first 7 character and last 3 characters are empty. Example Aaaaaaa<3 spaces> bbbbbbb<3 spaces> ccccccc<3 spaces>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrbs
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with printf

Hi, I am using the following code to assign a count value to a variable. But I get nothing. Do you see anything wrong here. I am new to all this. $CTR=`remsh $m -l $MACHINES{$m} -n cat $output | grep -v sent | grep \"$input\" | sort -u | awk '{print $5}'`; Upto sort - u it's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurani
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with printf in shell script

i have written small script as follows: name="hi hello" printf "%-20s" $name This gives me strange output. -20s format is applied on both word of string. i.e it displays both word hi and hello in space of 20 length. I want to display entire string "hi hello" in length of 20 space. plz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: admc123
2 Replies
scconf_transp_adap_bge(1M)				  System Administration Commands				scconf_transp_adap_bge(1M)

NAME
scconf_transp_adap_bge - configure the bge transport adapter DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. You can configure bge adapters as cluster transport adapters. These adapters can only be used with the dlpi transport type. The bge adapter is VLAN capable. The bge adapter connects to a transport switch or to another bge adapter on a different node. In either case, the connection is made through a transport cable. When a transport switch is used and the endpoints of the transport cable are configured by using the scconf command, the scinstall command, or other tools, you are asked to specify a port name on the transport switch. You can provide any port name, or accept the default, as long as the name is unique for the switch. The default is to set the port name to the node ID hosting the adapter at the other end of the cable. There are no user configurable properties for cluster transport adapters of this type. SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clinterconnect(1CL), clnode(1CL), scconf(1M), scinstall(1M), bge(7D) Sun Cluster 3.2 4 May 2006 scconf_transp_adap_bge(1M)