Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab command not working
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users crontab command not working Post 43142 by digant on Wednesday 12th of November 2003 05:09:30 AM
Old 11-12-2003
crontab command not working

Dear Friends,

I have tried to fire a job on daily basis through crontab command but it willn't work.
i have given in the following manner:
07 19 * * * exp /user_name/passwd/ file = /path/file-name full = N owner = user-name

but it is giving error that permission denied.
i have checked that the user is a member of group but still it is giving this error.
Anybody can give me a solution. please..
-Digant

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab not working right

I am having problems with a sparc5 solaris 7 box, when i try to edit cron, (crontab -e as root), it says $ crontab -e 0 and then nothing, if i enter anything it errors out but does accept q for quit. But doesn't bring up my editor of the cron file. How can I troubleshoot this? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

2. Solaris

crontab is not working.

I have a script which name is sicaklik.sh It is in the root directory. I can run manually but I want to run automatically every 3 minutes but it is not working. WHY? #whoami root #crontab -l #ident "@(#)root 1.21 04/03/23 SMI" 3 * * * * sh ./sicaklik.sh #ls -l sicaklik*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

crontab is not working!!

I can run manually script of ntopdump.sh but crontab can't run this script very five minutes. # crontab -l */3 * * * * root sh /root/ping.sh */5 * * * * root sh /root/ntopdump.sh # # pwd /root # ls -l total 88 -rwxrwxr-x 1 root root 1645 Jun 14 19:01 anaconda-ks.cfg drwxrwxr-x 2 root... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
14 Replies

4. Solaris

crontab not working

Shell = ksh Hi all, I scheduled an automated job on my application server like below, 30 13 * * 1-5 $HOME/my_script.sh However the script was not executed as expected. Any reason that may cause this to happen? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab not working, please help

Hi, When I set the crontab to run every minute, every hour, it works fine. * * * * * env > /tmp/env.output However I want to run it every day at 8:00 AM and it does not run. * 8 * * * env > /tmp/env.output I ran the 'date' command which says it's 8AM PST and also the 'TZ'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: samantha13
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

rcp command is not working in crontab

Dear Friends, I am trying to copy SAP log file from one HPux server1 to another HPux server2 remotely through one script. following command has written in the script. rcp -rp /oracle/PRD/sapreorg/*.dbf oraprd@drsite:/oracle/PRD/sapreorg Above command working fine from command mode.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
5 Replies

7. Linux

Crontab not working

Hi, I know this is a common topic. I'm trying to launch a perl script using a contab -e entry. I've been trying diff options but nothing seems to work: My cron is running: UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD root 3755 1 0 Nov27 ? 00:00:00 crond This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krebe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not working

Hi All, I have a script with deatils as : $ ls -ld catch_logs.sh -rwx--x--x 1 muser muser 752 Jun 5 22:36 catch_logs.sh User crontab looks likes: $ crontab -l SHELL=/bin/bash PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin * * * * * /opt/scripts/catch_logs.sh Now if I run this script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Crontab is not working

Dear Friends, I have Red Hat Linux Enterprise version 6.3. running SAP and oracle. I have created one crontab for user orasid to execute one job periodically. But it is not executing. I have checked crontab service is running. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script working on command line and not on crontab

my problem is this: when I run a script from the command line it works but returns a failure if I run it from crontab. Basically I wanted to send a file to hdfs, I thought it was related to the fact that crontab do not know the path to hdfs so I put the full path but it still does not work: here... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: beautymind
16 Replies
ACCESS(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							 ACCESS(2)

NAME
access -- check access permissions of a file or pathname SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int access(const char *path, int mode); DESCRIPTION
The access() function checks the accessibility of the file named by path for the access permissions indicated by mode. The value of mode is the bitwise inclusive OR of the access permissions to be checked (R_OK for read permission, W_OK for write permission and X_OK for exe- cute/search permission) or the existence test, F_OK. All components of the pathname path are checked for access permissions (including F_OK). The real user ID is used in place of the effective user ID and the real group access list (including the real group ID) are used in place of the effective ID for verifying permission. Even if a process has appropriate privileges and indicates success for X_OK, the file may not actually have execute permission bits set. Likewise for R_OK and W_OK. RETURN VALUES
If path cannot be found or if any of the desired access modes would not be granted, then a -1 value is returned; otherwise a 0 value is returned. ERRORS
Access to the file is denied if: [ENOTDIR] A component of the path prefix is not a directory. [ENAMETOOLONG] A component of a pathname exceeded {NAME_MAX} characters, or an entire path name exceeded {PATH_MAX} characters. [ENOENT] The named file does not exist. [ELOOP] Too many symbolic links were encountered in translating the pathname. [EROFS] Write access is requested for a file on a read-only file system. [ETXTBSY] Write access is requested for a pure procedure (shared text) file presently being executed. [EACCES] Permission bits of the file mode do not permit the requested access, or search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix. The owner of a file has permission checked with respect to the ``owner'' read, write, and execute mode bits, members of the file's group other than the owner have permission checked with respect to the ``group'' mode bits, and all others have permissions checked with respect to the ``other'' mode bits. [EFAULT] Path points outside the process's allocated address space. [EIO] An I/O error occurred while reading from or writing to the file system. [EINVAL] An invalid value was specified for mode. SEE ALSO
chmod(2), stat(2) STANDARDS
The access() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1990 (``POSIX.1''). CAVEAT
Access() is a potential security hole and should never be used. 4th Berkeley Distribution April 1, 1994 4th Berkeley Distribution