Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: recursive rcp
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting recursive rcp Post 42891 by Ygor on Thursday 6th of November 2003 09:36:21 AM
Old 11-06-2003
Try
Code:
case $INPUT in 
    *\*) echo input ends with a star;; 
    *) echo otherwise;; 
esac

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rcp in SCO 5.0.7

I am installing 5.0.7 on an existing SCO network. The 2 other machines are using 5.0.5 and rcp works daily both ways between the 2 older machines. However I cannot copy from either machine running 5.0.5 to the new 5.0.7 machine - "Permission Denied" /etc/hosts is configured correctly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farmacy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp error

I'm trying to perform a rcp to a remote machine, but it keeps throwing up "LOGNAME: undefined variable" error. When I echo $LOGNAME, it comes up with my username. I have tried setting both the .rhosts and the .hosts.equiv file but to no avail (on both machines as well out of desperation!). Anyone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: divid_gil
8 Replies

3. HP-UX

rcp logs

Hi, Can anyone help me to trace who has made rcp to a HP-UX machine? Is there a file that keeps such records? I know ftp's are recorded in /var/adm/syslog but i only need rcp.Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilkergu
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcp

I am trying to set up RCP so root can access a few machines for file transfer. On the target machine, I have set up a .RHOSTS file that looks like: 10.33.1.59 root However when I try to use RCP to copy a file to this machine, I get permission denied. Is it possible since another user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on rcp,exportfs

i need some help on remote file copyieng.the queeries are: 1:> m working on a machine say(abc) and i want to copy a directory(yes a directory) from a remote machine. so what would be the command. 2:> do in need to login on the source machine from where i want to copy a directory. 3:> is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp the file

Hi I am using rcp command to copy the file one linux to other linux machine I need the ouput log for this like 1 file coied size of the file date stamp my copy comman is rcp 10.100.11.2:/u01/pr/uni.txt /u05/ryd/uni.txt once this script run i need to capture the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp problem

Hi, When I try to use rcp I donīt recieve the file I try to fetch. I donīt get any error message, it just execute and as far as I can tell doesnīt do anything. I have no problem with using remsh to list the directory. remsh 132.196.133.185 -l root ls xdpyinfo: unable to open display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_andrew
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp -r || cp -r

what different between two instruction cp -r rcp -r (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Rcp between 2 computers

Hi, I need to rcp heavy files between 2 solaris 10/sparc M3000 computers. Currently theses 2 computers are linked via a switch/firewall and the rcp commands take a very long time, I have been told that this is because of the firewall (old one). I asked my client to by a cross ethernet cable and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
2 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)