Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple ksh question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple ksh question Post 42851 by frustrated1 on Wednesday 5th of November 2003 11:07:23 AM
Old 11-05-2003
Simple ksh question

Hi,

Simple question I am sure...

I need to put yesterdays date in the name of a filename, ie assign yesterdays date to a variable and then I can use it where I want.. using the format yyyymmdd

Any suggestions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple ksh script problem

This is a search script that I have developed. It finds the records that I look for. However the only thing I want the program to do now is to display a message such as 'Not Found' to appear when a record is not found. So far when a search doesn't display a record, the screen is blank. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warrior232
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with simple awk/ksh script

I need help finding out why this script wont run. The chmod is okay, but i get an error saying that I need '&&' on line 5. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: tefflox
18 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Array in Ksh Scripting

Ksh Scripting Can some one give me a simple example of array operations using ksh. For Ex: week_array = {Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday} I want to assign and retrieve and print them along with their index. I am looking for the o/p like: 0 Sunday 1 Monday ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravikirankethe
2 Replies

5. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple way to read an array in ksh

hi, I'm a newbie to shell scripting. I wanted to initialise an array using basic for loop and read it. Then i want to print it as a .CSV file.. Any help would me much appreciated.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravsripad
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple remove command -ksh

KSH A simple remove command is not workin for me. The user has all the access and the return code after remove command is 0. But I am still able to find the file. I have the code as below. tmplog=/tmp/$fl_nm.$$ main () { --set of statments rm -fr $tmplog RC=$? } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute ksh simple shell script without creating .sh file

please help me to execute a simple shell script like for i in `ls echo $i done . i dont want to create a new sh file to execute it. Can i just type and execute it ? because I always this kind of simple for loops . Please help . Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Variable substitution in ksh not working

Hi Gurus, Not able to catch what's going wrong here. I just want to get output as "tree". server:/mk/app/nexapp $ echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh server:/mk/app/nexapp $ export db_name1="tree" server:/mk/app/nexapp $ export i=1 1st try: server:/mk/app/nexapp $ echo $(db_name$i) ksh: db_name1: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh.lalwani
3 Replies
mhc(5)								File Formats Manual							    mhc(5)

NAME
mhc - Message Harmonized Calendaring system DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mhc file format. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. FIELDS
Mhc file format is based on STD11/RFC822: Standard for the format of ARPA Internet text messages. In mhc file, the following extra header fields are used. X-SC-Day: Date of event in format yyyymmdd. You can specify multiple date with space separated like: X-SC-Day: 19990409 19990413 which means April 9th 1999 and April 13th 1999. X-SC-Time: Time of event in format hh:mm-hh:mm or hh:mm. For event which has no meanings about time, you can leave it empty in this field. X-SC-Duration: Period of event in yyyymmdd-yyyymmdd. You can omit start date or end date, like "19991121-". X-SC-Duration: is used only to limit date specified by X-SC-Day: or X-SC-Cond, so you can't describe event date only by X-SC-Duration:. If X-SC-Duration: is empty, it means no limit. X-SC-Cond: Condition of event date by using following keyword. 00-31 Day of month. 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Last Week in month. Sun Mon ... Sat Day of week. Jan Feb ... Dec Month Examples, X-SC-Cond: Tue Fri Every Tuesday and Friday. X-SC-Cond: 31 Aug Every August 31th. X-SC-Cond: 1st 3rd Fri Every 1st and 3rd Friday. X-SC-Cond: Fri X-SC-Day: !19990409 Every Friday, but except April 9th 1999. X-SC-Cond: Fri 13 Every 13th and Every Friday, not 13th Friday. X-SC-Alarm: Hint for alarm of event. Currently, mhc.el doesn't alaram, but gemcal will pop-up alarm window. It will be useful if you transfer this event to PalmOS. In X-SC-Alarm:, you can specify the number (1 to 99) with suffix such as minute, hour or day. For example, X-SC-Alarm: 10 minutes Alarm 10 minutes before event. X-SC-Alarm: 3 hour Alarm 3 hours before event. X-SC-Alarm: 3 day Alarm 3 day before event. X-SC-Subject: Subject of event. unstructured? X-SC-Location: Location of event. unstructured? X-SC-Category Category of event. Any keyword, space separeated. Case ignored. X-SC-Recoard-Id: Internal use only. SEE ALSO
adb2mhc(1) gemcal(1), mhc-sync(1), mhc2palm(1), palm2mhc(1), today(1). AUTHOR
This program was written by Yoshinari Nomura <nom@quickhack.net> and this manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 23 Jun 2000 mhc(5)