Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formfeed after each file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Formfeed after each file Post 42727 by Perderabo on Monday 3rd of November 2003 10:23:21 AM
Old 11-03-2003
First, I would create a datafile with several lines in it and formfeeds between the lines. Try to print that to make sure that the printer responds to formfeeds.

If that works, your goal is to insert a formfeed bewteen each file. If this doesn't work, you will need to find an escape sequence that will formfeed.

As for the echos, switch to
echo something >> /tmp/printdebug

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FormFeed BEFORE printing a job

I have a problem where my printer formfeeds a blank page prior to printing a job. Anyone know where I can turn this off? AIX O/S - RS-6000 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lp FormFeed Escape characters

I'm trying to modify the /usr/lib/lp/model/netstandard file to generate a header for all the print jobs that are sent, but there is no formfeed defined so the the job prints right after the header with no page break. What is the sequence I need in order to generate a formfeed? Or, do you have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgordon
4 Replies

3. Solaris

formfeed problem

i am running an .sql script in sqlplus which is spooling in a file. but when i am opening the file using vi editor it is showing ^L in front of 1st,2nd and last line. when i am opening the file with cat this problem is not there. how to solve this problem? this above mentioned file is the input... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imppayel
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk: delete n lines following a formfeed

Hi Members, This is my first post in this forum. I want to do is match form feed lines one by one in a file and delete the next n lines (ex-3 lines) with the form feed character Eg - Files looks like Data 1 Data 2 Data 3 FF Hdr1 Hdr2 Hdr3 Data4 Data5 FF Hdr1 Hdr2 Hdr3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohan
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
GSLP(1) 							    Ghostscript 							   GSLP(1)

NAME
gslp - Format and print text using ghostscript gsbj - Format and print text for BubbleJet printer using ghostscript gsdj - Format and print text for DeskJet printer using ghostscript gsdj500 - Format and print text for DeskJet 500 BubbleJet using ghostscript gslj - Format and print text for LaserJet printer using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
gslp -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> -T<n> --add-to-space <units> --add-to-width <units> --columns <n> --detect --first-page <n> --kern <file.afm> --last-page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> --margin-(top|bot- tom|left|right) <inches> --no-eject-(file|formfeed) --spacing <n> [gs options] [files] gsbj [options] [files] gsdj [options] [files] gsdj500 [options] [files] gslj [options] [files] DESCRIPTION
This utility provides functionality approximately equivalent to the Unix enscript(1) program. It prints plain text files using a single font. It currently handles tabs and formfeeds, but not backspaces. It will line-wrap when using fixed-pitch fonts. It will also do kern- ing and width adjustment. The default device (-sDEVICE=) and resolution (-r) are as follows: gslp epson 180 gsbj bj10e 180 gsdj deskjet 300 gsdj500 djet500 300 gslj laserjet 300 By default the current date is formatted as the center header. OPTIONS
Standard switches implemented: -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> Sun switches implemented: -T<n> set tab width Switches ignored: -GghKkmow -# -C -d -J -n -P -S -s -t -v Switches added: --add-to-space <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each space (may be negative) --add-to-width <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each character (may be negative) --columns <n> print in <n> columns --detect treat the file as PostScript if it starts with %! --first-page <n> start printing at page <n> --kern <file.afm> kern using information from the given .AFM file --last-page <n> stop printing after page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> set the heading/footing fields; use -B first to clear --margin-(top|bottom|left|right) <inches> set a margin --no-eject-(file|formfeed) end-of-file/FF only starts a new column, not a new sheet --spacing <n> use double (n=2), triple (n=3), etc. spacing Also, the string %# in a heading or footing is replaced with the page #. SEE ALSO
gs(1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 7.05. AUTHOR
L. Peter Deutsch <ghost@aladdin.com> is the principal author of Ghostscript. Russell J. Lang <rjl@aladdin.com> is the author of most of the MS Windows code in Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 7.05 22 April 2002 GSLP(1)