Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Free BSD 5.1 & default gateway Post 42693 by SRP on Sunday 2nd of November 2003 05:27:54 PM
Old 11-02-2003
No need to reply guys, I just did it through sysinstall and then checked the rc.conf file to see what was in it which of course was:

defaultrouter="192.168.1.1"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free Bsd

i am installing FREEBSD and I would like to know which hardware specific network card that works and help with this would be great I am very new to this (UNIX) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BSD_NEWUSER
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free BSD Display Properties?

I'm very new to UNIX and just istalled FreeBSD on my computer. I using the KDE desktop and the resolution is horrible. How do I adjust this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbrouder
3 Replies

3. BSD

X-Windows Free BSD

so, i have a video card SIS s315 AGP and i can't cofigure X Free on free BSD to run X window. Anybody can help me solve this problem?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dmitri-br
2 Replies

4. BSD

Free BSD X window

Can anyone help me ? I have installed Free BSD several times and I can't get the X window to work . I have installed the ports Gnome and others but for some reason when I type start x doesn't work. I downloaded the 3 i386 disks but I get to install the first one wich complete the setup and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyhawkfly
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware for UNIX/Free BSD

Hi! I'm planning to start to set up a Webserver. All software has to be freeware. I'm also planning to use Free BSD/UNIX for this project. Apache as Webserversystem and so on... Therefor I would like to have some info about what kind of hardware I need. I'm planning to buy a computer... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kargooliw
9 Replies

6. BSD

How to create IP table at Free BSD

Now, I had installed free bsd at my office. Unfortunitely, Email server have been using Local PoP3 and SMTP to our ISP with outlook. but my unix firewall sever ( free bsd ) didn't allow these port ( 110 & 25 ). How can i create the IP table to pass at server. If u have any experience about obvious... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashraff Ali
4 Replies

7. BSD

installing free BSD

Hello friends. I am new to Unix although i am very flexible to any programming language. i was a window user. Now, no more. I have decided myself to switch to unix. Here is my problem: I burned the free BSD into my new RW CD's. I inserted the bootable manager first then, it was scanning and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonjour2006
5 Replies

8. BSD

USB mount of Free BSD

Hello all When I insert my USB , its says : umass0 detected . I want to ls files present in the USB. I tried mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt Whats is dev/da0s1 ????? How can I mount it to use it ? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

GNU & BSD Makefile Directives & Conditions Compatibility

Firstly, I would like to apologize if this is not the appropriate sub-forum to post about GNU/BSD makefile scripting. Though my code is in C++, because I am focusing on the makefile I thought it would go better in shell scripting. Please correct me if I am wrong. Secondly, I am not interested in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
VDE_L3(1)						      General Commands Manual							 VDE_L3(1)

NAME
vde_l3 - Virtual Distributed Ethernet 'Layer 3' Switch. SYNOPSIS
vde_l3 -v vde_plug:ipaddress/netmask [-v...] [-r target_network/netmask:gateway] [-G default_gw] [-M mgmt_socket] DESCRIPTION
A vde_l3 connects to one or more vde_switches, performing ip forwarding among its virtual interfaces. A new interface is created at startup for each -v option given at command line. Static routes to target networks can be defined using the -r option. vde_l3 -v /var/run/s1.ctl:192.168.0.1/24 connects to the vde sock at /var/run/s1.ctl with its virtual interface ve0, having the address 192.168.0.1 and netmask 255.255.255.0. vde_l3 -v /var/run/s1.ctl:192.168.0.1/24 -v /var/run/s2.ctl:10.0.0.254/255.255.0.0 connects to the two vde socks, with its virtual interfaces ve0 and ve1, having addressess 192.168.1.0 and 10.0.0.254 respectively. Hosts in each network can specify the vde_l3 as their gateway to reach the other one. OPTIONS
-v vde_plug:ipaddress/netmask Creates a virtual network interfaces on the vde_l3 box, with address ipaddress and netmask netmask. Please note that the netmask can be specified either in the 'classic' A.B.C.D mode, or just by giving the number of leading bits (f.e., /17 for 255.255.128.0). One can define as many interfaces as she wants. -r target_network/netmask:gateway Specify a static route through gateway to reach hosts in target_network with netmask netmask. One can define as many routes as she wants. -G default_gw Specify a default gateway, to be used whenever no static route is defined for a target host. -M mgmt_socket the unix socket where the parameters (interfaces addresses, routes, etc.) can be checked and changed runtime. unixterm(1) can be used as a remote terminal for wirefilter. NOTICE
Virtual Distributed Ethernet is not related in any way with www.vde.com ("Verband der Elektrotechnik, Elektronik und Informationstechnik" i.e. the German "Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies"). SEE ALSO
vde_switch(1), vdeq(1), unixterm(1), vde_cryptcab(1), wirefilter(1). AUTHORS
VDE_L3 is a tool by Daniele Lacamera <root@danielinux.net> VDE is a project by Renzo Davoli <renzo@cs.unibo.it> Virtual Distributed Ethernet May 7, 2007 VDE_L3(1)