Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: searching for {
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting searching for { Post 42687 by yotoruja on Sunday 2nd of November 2003 10:43:45 AM
Old 11-02-2003
Thanks guys. This was very helpful.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching searching

Guys Im checking some of my files for errors. I want to be able to find text and make sure it's located on the right place. Example Chapter 1 TEXT LKJ TEXT 12Y more and more text Chapter 2 TEXT 34G TEXT HHG more and more text Chapter 3 TEXT FG45 TEXT 11w more and more text ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony3101
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Searching Files

Hi, I have a file /db01/dat/march 2006/7001DW06.03B Please note, between "march 2006" there is a space/tab. While running the following script, it identifies /db01/dat/march ----> as first file 2006/7001DW06.03B ---> as second file. SRC_PATH = /db01/dat SEARCH_FILENAME =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a file

Hi At the moment I am able to add text to a file but what I need to do is make sure the same value is not duplicated. Can anyone tell me how to search a file and prevent an update from taking place if the value to be entered already exists in the file? Any help would be greatly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: straight_edge
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching in VI

Hi, I would like to do a search and replace on a file using vi. Something like this: :%s/dst_port=****//g I want to search the entire file and replace all text that does not match dst_port=**** with space or nothing. In other words delete everything except for dst_port=****. The four *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andyblaylock
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file searching...

Hi! i'm trying to do a script (i'm not an expert, as you will see...:o) to search files in a directory (and its subdirectories). I'd like to have something like this: mysearch -a arg1 -b arg2 -c arg3 ecc... I'd like to be able to search for files in different ways: for example, with my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kaminski
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching

How would i search to find all the lines consisting of of only the letter "z" followed by any four characters? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Searching for files

Hi, I have the following command to list files beginning with a specific name and containing some text... find . -type f -name "dm_merge_domain_adm*" -exec grep -il "Error Message:" '{}' \; -print|xargs ls -ltr It works fine, but seems to list two of each file, when they only exist once...any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrislluff1976
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep searching

I am making a script but having little problem. at one part I need to find one number format or other format from a file.. those formats are xxx-xx-xxxx or xxxxxxxxx i tried grep '( \{3\}-\{2\}-\{3\} |\{9\})' if i do them sepratly it work but like this it is not working Please check... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching

Hi guys, I have a very common issue :( im trying to work it out but I am still not used to it. my problem is searching. very often I should look for piece of string in a text file or a file itself: I want to learn some easy and professional commands to ease this routine for me. I want to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a file with a specified text without using conventional file searching commands

without using conventional file searching commands like find etc, is it possible to locate a file if i just know that the file that i'm searching for contains a particular text like "Hello world" or something? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
5 Replies
CGI::Session::Driver::DBI(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      CGI::Session::Driver::DBI(3)

NAME
CGI::Session::Driver::DBI - Base class for native DBI-related CGI::Session drivers SYNOPSIS
require CGI::Session::Driver::DBI; @ISA = qw( CGI::Session::Driver::DBI ); DESCRIPTION
In most cases you can create a new DBI-driven CGI::Session driver by simply creating an empty driver file that inherits from CGI::Session::Driver::DBI. That's exactly what sqlite does. The only reason why this class doesn't suit for a valid driver is its name isn't in lowercase. I'm serious! NOTES CGI::Session::Driver::DBI defines init() method, which makes DBI handle available for drivers in Handle - object attribute regardless of what "\%dsn_args" were used in creating session object. Should your driver require non-standard initialization you have to re-define init() method in your .pm file, but make sure to set 'Handle' - object attribute to database handle (returned by DBI->connect(...)) if you wish to inherit any of the methods from CGI::Session::Driver::DBI. STORAGE
Before you can use any DBI-based session drivers you need to make sure compatible database table is created for CGI::Session to work with. Following command will produce minimal requirements in most SQL databases: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id CHAR(32) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, a_session TEXT NOT NULL ); Your session table can define additional columns, but the above two are required. Name of the session table is expected to be sessions by default. You may use a different name if you wish. To do this you have to pass TableName as part of your " \%dsn_args ": $s = new CGI::Session('driver:sqlite', undef, {TableName=>'my_sessions'}); $s = new CGI::Session('driver:mysql', undef, { TableName=>'my_sessions', DataSource=>'dbi:mysql:shopping_cart'. }); To use different column names, change the 'create table' statement, and then simply do this: $s = new CGI::Session('driver:pg', undef, { TableName=>'session', IdColName=>'my_id', DataColName=>'my_data', DataSource=>'dbi:pg:dbname=project', }); or $s = new CGI::Session('driver:pg', undef, { TableName=>'session', IdColName=>'my_id', DataColName=>'my_data', Handle=>$dbh, }); DRIVER ARGUMENTS
Following driver arguments are supported: DataSource First argument to be passed to DBI->connect(). If the driver makes the database connection itself, it will also explicitly disconnect from the database when the driver object is DESTROYed. User User privileged to connect to the database defined in "DataSource". Password Password of the User privileged to connect to the database defined in "DataSource" Handle An existing DBI database handle object. The handle can be created on demand by providing a code reference as a argument, such as "<sub{DBI-"connect}>>. This way, the database connection is only created if it actually needed. This can be useful when combined with a framework plugin like CGI::Application::Plugin::Session, which creates a CGI::Session object on demand as well. "Handle" will override all the above arguments, if any present. TableName Name of the table session data will be stored in. LICENSING
For support and licensing information see CGI::Session perl v5.16.3 2008-07-16 CGI::Session::Driver::DBI(3)