Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl text file Post 42617 by Sn33R on Friday 31st of October 2003 10:59:18 AM
Old 10-31-2003
Thanks for the replies mate... the funny thing I've just noticed is that even though I'm getting this error message when I execute the script, the data is actually being inserted into the table perfectly! :P Can't work out what the error message is trying to tell me if all seems to be well... since the script's gonna be running on cron I might just turn a blind eye to the error message, after all, it's not like I'm going to see it! :/ If anyone can work out why I might be getting the message I would like to know, however it doesn't seem to be critical since the script is doing what it's meant to be doing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL:print 32 variables into a text file

okay, down below is the script. i have 32 words put into 32 variables and i want perl to print all those 32 variables into one text document, each word under another in the text file. the text files called times.txt Sorry about the length of the script print " VToshiba ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

text file formatting by perl

have a simple text file as input.i have to print that file in paragraph format.whenevr it finds "\n" in the input text it should start printing in next paragraph in output file.also a fixed amount of space should be given before start writing in every paragraph. the input and output file format... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik1983
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Sort on Text File

Hi, I have a file of names and I want perl to do a sort on this file. How can I sort this list of names using perl? I'm thinking of a command like: @sorted = sort { lc($a) cmp lc($b) } @not_sorted # alphabetical sort The only thing I'm sort of unsure of is, how would I get the name in my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eltinator
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML file into TEXT file using PERL seript

Dear Yogesh..."Convert XML file into TEXT file using PERL seript"... can u help me regarding this issue...plz Thanks Rudro (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rudro
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Enter text in a file in a place.

Hi, I have a simple question: I need to enter some text in a text file at a certain place via perl. I would first need to find that specific text in the file and then I would like to insert a line after that particular line. Say I have this text file: I am a great Perl Programmer I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Split for text in file

Hi all I have written Perl script to swap the strings in the second a third column from a text file. My input file format is : the|empty|the|det lake|empty|lake|conj_and was|empty|was|auxpass drained|empty|drained|conj_and birds|empty|bird|s|nn The expected output file format is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SOLVED: Text file compare using perl

I have two text file.... One text file contain in this format...... keyvalue.txt \SUM\SUM_cam.c \SUM\SUM_cam.h \SUM\SUM_command.c \SUM\SUM_command.h \SUM\SUM_dab.c \SUM\SUM_dmb.c \SUM\SUM_eventHandler.h \SUM\SUM_eventHandler_dab.c \SUM\SUM_eventHandler_dmb.c ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl text file processing using hash

Hi Experts, I have this requirement to process large files (200MB+).Format of files is like: recordstart val1 1 val2 2 val3 4 recordstart val1 5 val2 6 val3 1 val4 1 recordstart val1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script needed for ldif file to text file conversion

This is the ldf file dn: sdcsmsisdn=1000000049,sdcsDatabase=subscriberCache,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: sdcsSubscriber objectClass: top postalCode: 29600 sdcsServiceLevel: 10 sdcsCustomerType: 14 givenName: Adelia sdcsBlackListAll: FALSE sdcsOwnerType: T-Mobile sn: Actionteam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxFriend
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a text file in perl with file creation date.

Hi, I am quite new to Perl scripting and i need to create a .TXT file using perl, with fields (A,B,C,D,E), and this text file should be named with current file creation date "XYZ_CCYYMMDD.TXT" (i.e.XYZ_2011042514:33 PM). Can anyone who has done this, please share their expertise on this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)