Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script tool
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script tool Post 42570 by oombera on Friday 31st of October 2003 01:35:46 AM
Old 10-31-2003
Try this in a script and see if it works for you: Smilie

grep "$1" someFile | cut -f$2 -d" "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Rotation Tool/Script

Hello all Does anyone has an intersting script or a good freeware tool for log rotation that is good for Unix and Linux as well ? My thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelalouf
4 Replies

2. Web Development

Tool Tip on a Perl CGI script

Hi, I am writing a perl script using Perl CGI. There are various HTML tables and forms involved in this. Now I wanted to add a tool tip to the elements here but I am not able to find documentation on how to do it. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Regards, garric (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Expect tool Script

Problem Description: I have written the Expect script in Linux box, able to login from Linux to Windows and able to execute the command(eg, hostname) on windows server which produces some value. I want to pass this value from Windows to Linux box . Can we pass any parameter from Linux with expect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khagendra
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

need script for passwd , can't use expect tool

Hi , as others users here , i'm searching for a script which can automate "passwd" dialog . I saw threads about "expect tool" but on my platforms , "C" product isn't installed and i'm not the admin so i can't install it. is there another way to do it , with a "simple" shell script ??? ... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
35 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script using expect tool

Hi All, I need ur help and suggestion to make my code efficient.I have to reset the password for multiple unix flavour using expect tool.There is one file in which I have mentioned ip address and main script will pickup those ip and reset all password and it will write to a log file whether it has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for GUI tool

Hi Legends. Thanks for all your support till now, Now my requirement is planned to create a GUI backup tool for both "Source Code Backup" and "Mysql Backup" is it possible to write own code for this , or else any other opensource Backup tool is available which option is better? my wish is Write... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving automatic multiple Input to a tool from shell script

Hi, Please help me,its urgent. I have a tool that i want to run from a shell script. When we run the tool it will ask the user choice to add or delete. When user enter the choice it will then ask how many units he want to delete or add and will add or delete accordingly. Now I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saket18@ymail.c
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me for Perl script for tool usages

Hi, How to do Perl script for floating license usages metric. Anyone help me out this issue? Regards, Ram. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanthan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script executed from Informatica ETL tool is spawning 2 processes for one script

Hi, I am having a shell script which has a while loop as shown below. while do sleep 60 done I am executing this script from Informatica ETL tool command task from where we can execute UNIX commands/scripts. When i do that, i am seeing 2 processes getting started for one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekusi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help updating my AIX shell script that uses IBM tape tool.

I have a shell script that interfaces with our tape library using IBM's Tape Diagnostic tool called "itdt". The script does some basic stuff, it queries the tape library, loads tape to/from drive; it knows which inventory slot to pick the tape from based on SLOT=$(($BASESLOT + $TODAY)). The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)