Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix for internet cafe
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix for internet cafe Post 42456 by tayoz on Wednesday 29th of October 2003 07:41:06 PM
Old 10-29-2003
thanks for your help

Thanks for your help,

I will go full power ahead and make mine the first internet cafe in the DR with linux system.

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

App for internet access on unix terminals

I am trying to find out what I should install to provide internet access and browsing possibilities on multiple unix terminals. Can anybody help? TNXS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigger
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Unix Internet Connection

I am trying to set up my internet connection for my unix system and cannot seem to do it. I have a optimum on line service, and use a cable modem, with a usb. The 3 com ethernet card in my Gateway Labtop is recognized but when I hook up the usb and try and connect the usb is unrecognized. I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdelph
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix to Windows 2000 printing over the internet

I need help printing to the Windows 2000 Pro environement from a Unix box, that the Windows 2000 system dials into via a ISP. We are still waiting for our T1 line to be installed but will need to know if that process will change when that is installed. I know that you can print from Windows 2000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supportit
1 Replies

4. Programming

Is there a unix internet api?

In Windows you can use WinInet API to access the internet from your c code. Does unix got the same functions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadarb
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

internet cafe software

Can anyone tell me of an available internet cafe software? what can I use to administrate an internet cafe with all machines running linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayoz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a Unix Drive Over The Internet ... but

I don't know if this can be done, otherwise, my project will come to a screeching halt. I have a SCO 5.0.5 machine connected to the internet with a static IP address. I need to be able to share a drive : /shareddrive I need to map to it from a windows machine: hence, what i'd like to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Internet Explorer for UNIX (Mainsoft specific)

Hi, I need some help with the Windows derived version of the IE port for UNIX on Solaris. The file is "ie5setup.sunos5" Here is the message Code: Unsupported Operating System Application needs to run on Solaris 2.5 or higher. Please visit www.microsoft.com/ie/unix for more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: huffandy
17 Replies

8. IP Networking

Access Unix server over the Internet

:(:confused: i am going to ask a silly question. is it possible to setup a unix server at home. once i have setup successfully, can i provide access to that server via internet. i do not have any commercial intent, behind this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX: internet witout GUI

Hello! Please, is it possible to come to internet (not e-mail, but ionternet!) without GUI? Many thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinklemon
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need free Linux / UNIX Terminal over Internet

I do not wish to install Unix or Linux locally be it on my system or my Virtual box. I am looking for an online free Linux / Unix Terminal that i can connect and use. Something like ... Unix Terminal Online But the problem with Unix Terminal Online] is that i CANNOT ping it's ip which i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
SNMPTRANSLATE(1)						     Net-SNMP							  SNMPTRANSLATE(1)

NAME
snmptranslate - translate MIB OID names between numeric and textual forms SYNOPSIS
snmptranslate [OPTIONS] OID [OID]... DESCRIPTION
snmptranslate is an application that translates one or more SNMP object identifier values from their symbolic (textual) forms into their numerical forms (or vice versa). OID is either a numeric or textual object identifier. OPTIONS
-D TOKEN[,...] Turn on debugging output for the given TOKEN(s). Try ALL for extremely verbose output. -h Display a brief usage message and then exit. -m MIBLIST Specifies a colon separated list of MIB modules to load for this application. This overrides the environment variable MIBS. The special keyword ALL is used to specify all modules in all directories when searching for MIB files. Every file whose name does not begin with "." will be parsed as if it were a MIB file. -M DIRLIST Specifies a colon separated list of directories to search for MIBs. This overrides the environment variable MIBDIRS. -T TRANSOPTS Provides control over the translation of the OID values. The following TRANSOPTS are available: -Td Print full details of the specified OID. -Tp Print a graphical tree, rooted at the specified OID. -Ta Dump the loaded MIB in a trivial form. -Tl Dump a labeled form of all objects. -To Dump a numeric form of all objects. -Ts Dump a symbolic form of all objects. -Tt Dump a tree form of the loaded MIBs (mostly useful for debugging). -Tz Dump a numeric and labeled form of all objects (compatible with MIB2SCHEMA format). -V Display version information for the application and then exit. -w WIDTH Specifies the width of -Tp and -Td output. The default is very large. In addition to the above options, snmptranslate takes the OID input (-I), MIB parsing (-M) and OID output (-O) options described in the INPUT OPTIONS, MIB PARSING OPTIONS and OUTPUT OPTIONS sections of the snmpcmd(1) manual page. EXAMPLES
o snmptranslate -On -IR sysDescr will translate "sysDescr" to a more qualified form: system.sysDescr o snmptranslate -Onf -IR sysDescr will translate "sysDecr" to: .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr o snmptranslate -Td -OS system.sysDescr will translate "sysDecr" into: SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr sysDescr OBJECT-TYPE -- FROM SNMPv2-MIB -- TEXTUAL CONVENTION DisplayString SYNTAX OCTET STRING (0..255) DISPLAY-HINT "255a" MAX-ACCESS read-only STATUS current DESCRIPTION "A textual description of the entity. This value should include the full name and version identification of the system's hardware type, software operating-system, and networking software." ::= { iso(1) org(3) dod(6) internet(1) mgmt(2) mib-2(1) system(1) 1 } o snmptranslate -Tp -OS system will print the following tree: +--system(1) | +-- -R-- String sysDescr(1) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- ObjID sysObjectID(2) +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysUpTime(3) +-- -RW- String sysContact(4) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -RW- String sysName(5) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -RW- String sysLocation(6) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- Integer sysServices(7) +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysORLastChange(8) | Textual Convention: TimeStamp | +--sysORTable(9) | +--sysOREntry(1) | +-- ---- Integer sysORIndex(1) +-- -R-- ObjID sysORID(2) +-- -R-- String sysORDescr(3) | Textual Convention: DisplayString | Size: 0..255 +-- -R-- TimeTicks sysORUpTime(4) Textual Convention: TimeStamp o snmptranslate -Ta | head will produce the following dump: dump DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN org ::= { iso 3 } dod ::= { org 6 } internet ::= { dod 1 } directory ::= { internet 1 } mgmt ::= { internet 2 } experimental ::= { internet 3 } private ::= { internet 4 } security ::= { internet 5 } snmpV2 ::= { internet 6 } o snmptranslate -Tl | head will produce the following dump: .iso(1).org(3) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).directory(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysDescr(1) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysObjectID(2) .iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).mgmt(2).mib-2(1).system(1).sysUpTime(3) o snmptranslate -To | head will produce the following dump .1.3 .1.3.6 .1.3.6.1 .1.3.6.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2 .1.3.6.1.2.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3 o snmptranslate -Ts | head will produce the following dump .iso.org .iso.org.dod .iso.org.dod.internet .iso.org.dod.internet.directory .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysObjectID .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysUpTime o snmptranslate -Tt | head will produce the following dump org(3) type=0 dod(6) type=0 internet(1) type=0 directory(1) type=0 mgmt(2) type=0 mib-2(1) type=0 system(1) type=0 sysDescr(1) type=2 tc=4 hint=255a sysObjectID(2) type=1 sysUpTime(3) type=8 SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), variables(5), RFC 2578-2580. 4th Berkeley Distribution 25 Jul 2003 SNMPTRANSLATE(1)