Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix for internet cafe
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix for internet cafe Post 42436 by Fakeboy on Wednesday 29th of October 2003 12:31:27 PM
Old 10-29-2003
Where are you thinking of setting up this internet cafe'? What age range are you looking to bring in? What usage are you looking to get from your PCs? I started an Internet Cafe' and it took a u-turn and became a cyber areana faster than I knew it. My customers were all kids 18 - and the crowd 18 - 25 also wanted to game. In this situation I needed MS WIN boxes, and used the linux boxes as servers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

App for internet access on unix terminals

I am trying to find out what I should install to provide internet access and browsing possibilities on multiple unix terminals. Can anybody help? TNXS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigger
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Unix Internet Connection

I am trying to set up my internet connection for my unix system and cannot seem to do it. I have a optimum on line service, and use a cable modem, with a usb. The 3 com ethernet card in my Gateway Labtop is recognized but when I hook up the usb and try and connect the usb is unrecognized. I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdelph
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix to Windows 2000 printing over the internet

I need help printing to the Windows 2000 Pro environement from a Unix box, that the Windows 2000 system dials into via a ISP. We are still waiting for our T1 line to be installed but will need to know if that process will change when that is installed. I know that you can print from Windows 2000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: supportit
1 Replies

4. Programming

Is there a unix internet api?

In Windows you can use WinInet API to access the internet from your c code. Does unix got the same functions? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hadarb
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

internet cafe software

Can anyone tell me of an available internet cafe software? what can I use to administrate an internet cafe with all machines running linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayoz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a Unix Drive Over The Internet ... but

I don't know if this can be done, otherwise, my project will come to a screeching halt. I have a SCO 5.0.5 machine connected to the internet with a static IP address. I need to be able to share a drive : /shareddrive I need to map to it from a windows machine: hence, what i'd like to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Internet Explorer for UNIX (Mainsoft specific)

Hi, I need some help with the Windows derived version of the IE port for UNIX on Solaris. The file is "ie5setup.sunos5" Here is the message Code: Unsupported Operating System Application needs to run on Solaris 2.5 or higher. Please visit www.microsoft.com/ie/unix for more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: huffandy
17 Replies

8. IP Networking

Access Unix server over the Internet

:(:confused: i am going to ask a silly question. is it possible to setup a unix server at home. once i have setup successfully, can i provide access to that server via internet. i do not have any commercial intent, behind this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX: internet witout GUI

Hello! Please, is it possible to come to internet (not e-mail, but ionternet!) without GUI? Many thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinklemon
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need free Linux / UNIX Terminal over Internet

I do not wish to install Unix or Linux locally be it on my system or my Virtual box. I am looking for an online free Linux / Unix Terminal that i can connect and use. Something like ... Unix Terminal Online But the problem with Unix Terminal Online] is that i CANNOT ping it's ip which i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
ost::IPV6Host(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  ost::IPV6Host(3)

NAME
ost::IPV6Host - This object is used to hold the actual and valid internet address of a specific host machine that will be accessed through a socket. SYNOPSIS
#include <address.h> Inherits ost::IPV6Address. Public Member Functions IPV6Host (const char *host=NULL) Create a new host address for a specific internet host. IPV6Host (struct in6_addr addr) Convert a system socket binary address such as may be returned through the accept() call or getsockpeer() into an internet host address object. IPV6Host & operator&= (const IPV6Mask &mask) Mask the internet host address object with a network mask address. Friends class __EXPORT IPV6Mask __EXPORT IPV6Host operator& (const IPV6Host &addr, const IPV6Mask &mask) Additional Inherited Members Detailed Description This object is used to hold the actual and valid internet address of a specific host machine that will be accessed through a socket. Author: David Sugar dyfet@ostel.com Address of a specific Internet host machine. Constructor &; Destructor Documentation ost::IPV6Host::IPV6Host (const char *host = NULL) Create a new host address for a specific internet host. The internet host can be specified in a null terminated ASCII string and include either the physical host address or the DNS name of a host machine. Hence, an IPV6Host ('www.voxilla.org') can be directly declaired in this manner. Defaults to the IP address that represents the interface matching 'gethostname()'. Parameters: host dns or physical address of an Internet host. ost::IPV6Host::IPV6Host (struct in6_addraddr) Convert a system socket binary address such as may be returned through the accept() call or getsockpeer() into an internet host address object. Parameters: addr binary address of internet host. Member Function Documentation IPV6Host& ost::IPV6Host::operator&= (const IPV6Mask &mask) Mask the internet host address object with a network mask address. This is commonly used to coerce an address by subnet. Friends And Related Function Documentation friend class __EXPORT IPV6Mask [friend] __EXPORT IPV6Host operator& (const IPV6Host &addr, const IPV6Mask &mask) [friend] Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for GNU CommonC++ from the source code. GNU CommonC++ Sat Jun 23 2012 ost::IPV6Host(3)