Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What file types does unix support? Post 42357 by dgames on Tuesday 28th of October 2003 09:09:15 AM
Old 10-28-2003
What file types does unix support?

Hello,
I've search this site many times and ave not been able to find my answer. So I'm going to post my question....(duh)
Ok.
I'm wanting to know what file types does unix support.
if you can try and list them like this:
php, .php
or somthing like that.
plus don't forget that I said I already sreach these forums.

Chris

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What all Unix types can be installed on PC?

I would like to know as what all Unix types can be installed on PC, i.e. Intel Pentium processor and having HDD of let us say 4 GB or so? What RAM would be sufficient? I know for sure that Linux is free and can be installed on PC, can some one tell about other UNIX types which can be obtained for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SANJAY
3 Replies

2. Linux

File types help needed

Hi all, quick question... Im trying to configure Redhat 9 to dial out to my ISP AOL. I have found some software to do this but at present I can't get net access under Linux for the reason stated. I can however acces the net using my laptop running windows. The question is: I have downloaded... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brady9953
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

associated file types

I have a file of type .for extension .In a guui based unix environment like solaris if I double click on that file a specific program designed by me has to run which takes this file as the parameter and exceutes the program. Can anyone help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhk_srd
8 Replies

4. Programming

how to add CRLF support for CSV file generated in unix

Helo, my server side system is running on a redhat linux o.s. I have c program on the server which export list file into CSV format. now, I want that my program on server side is able to add support for CRLF(carriage return Line feed)into csv file format. so how do i write C program whcih... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Copy certain file types recursively while maintaining file structure on destination?

Hi guys, I have just been bothered by a fairly small issue for some time now. I am trying to search (using find -name) for some .jpg files recursively. This is a Redhat environment with bash. I get this job done though I need to copy ALL of them and put them in a separate folder BUT I also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all types of shell supported on any unix flavors.

Hello - Is there a command/way we can find out, what shells are supported on a Unix machine? Please let me know. Thanks, Manju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju--
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp -r except certain file types

the following excludes certain directories successfully cp -r probe/!(dir) /destination I want to exclude certain file types and tried unsuccessfully cp -r probe/!(*.avi) /destination (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file types

Hello everyone - I have a task of listing files from a directory together with their type. I tried using ls -l | file -b or different versions of that but that did not work. I will need this to be in a C shell script that will list the file name, size and type from a directory. I can do... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianvas12
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Logon/Authentication Types

Hi, I was wondering if someone may be able to help me with finding out the different *nix logon types. The different logon types for a Successful Logon event type in Windows (4624) is well documented both on the M$ site and also on many tech related sites, listing the different logon types... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: urhero
6 Replies
rt-crontool(1)						     Request Tracker Reference						    rt-crontool(1)

NAME
rt-crontool - Command-line interface to Request Tracker SYNOPSIS
# find all active tickets in the queue 'general' and set their priority to 99 if they are overdue: rt-crontool --search RT::Search::ActiveTicketsInQueue --search-arg general --condition RT::Condition::Overdue --action RT::Action::SetPriority --action-arg 99 --verbose # Escalate tickets rt-crontool --search RT::Search::ActiveTicketsInQueue --search-arg general --action RT::Action::EscalatePriority DESCRIPTION
This script is a tool to act on tickets from an external scheduling tool, such as cron. Security: This tool allows the user to run arbitrary perl modules from within RT. If this tool were setgid, a hostile local user could use this tool to gain administrative access to RT. It is incredibly important that nonprivileged users not be allowed to run this tool. It is suggested that you create a non-privileged unix user with the correct group membership and RT access to run this tool. OPTIONS
search Specify the search module you want to use search-arg An argument to pass to --search condition Specify the condition module you want to use condition-arg An argument to pass to --condition action Specify the action module you want to use action-arg An argument to pass to --action template Specify name or id of template(s) you want to use transaction Specify if you want to use either 'first', 'last' or 'all' transactions transaction-type Specify the comma separated list of transactions' types you want to use log Adjust LogToScreen config option verbose Output status updates to STDOUT perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-crontool(1)