Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: swat's smb.conf file?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers swat's smb.conf file? Post 42311 by rmuhammad on Monday 27th of October 2003 09:33:41 AM
Old 10-27-2003
ok thanx i didnt think smb was in the /etc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba 2.2.5 smb.conf for noobies

Is there a generic smb.conf file that should work on all systems? Right now I am running Red Hat 7.3 and also have 3XP machines and 1 2000 pro. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GJC
1 Replies

2. SuSE

starting SWAT

everytime I try to start SWAT using : www.localhost:901, it takes me to goggle the search engine. IM still new in the linux world and Im a bit confussed now. any help would be great. Im currently running redhat linux fedora. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keliy1
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smb.conf question

Folks; I know this might sounds stupid, but please help with this: I have share in my smb.conf on my SUSE 10 box. How can i make this share accessible to outside IP range or a specific IP address without need for user/pass? Here's the share as it's written in smb.conf: ; ;comment =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab; copy most recent *.mpg file from local machine to smb storage device

Hello, I've been searching your forum for an answer to the following question and whilst I've seen several which may help I'm afraid my inexperience with UNIX systems has got the better of me and I'm incapable of piecing your considerable expertise together. Problem: I have a linux box which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: julezsht
5 Replies

5. Solaris

basic question on sd.conf and lpc.conf file

Hello Guys, Do we need to configure this file only if we add SAN disk or even if we add local disk, do we need to modify? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure smb.conf for read and copy access only

Hi there, I want to give access with samba to a folder but with read and copy rights but no write. I don't want somebody to be able to delete the files. I found the read only parameter but this doesn't allow the users to copy the files. Is there an option for this? The configuration looks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickboy
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

SWAT Installation problems

Hi, I have been trying to install SWAT on redhat 6 for samba4. The samba server was installed by another administrator but not swat. Please find output of yum install samba-swat in the attached file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p2bas
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Smb.conf config help

So what i am trying to accomplish is the following: a share that is browse-able by every one on the network with a group of people that can write to it with out ownership problems. I am extremely new to samba/linux and any help would be greatly appreciated. It is a stand alone server running samba... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcs
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to update rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf

Hello all, Newbie here. I'm currently tasked with updating rsyslog.conf and auditd.conf on a large set of servers. I know the exact logging configurations that I want to enable. I have updated both files on on a server and hope to use the updated files as a template for the rest of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mide
3 Replies
SMBSPOOL(8)															       SMBSPOOL(8)

NAME
smbspool - send a print file to an SMB printer SYNOPSIS
smbspool {job} {user} {title} {copies} {options} [filename] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. smbspool is a very small print spooling program that sends a print file to an SMB printer. The command-line arguments are position-depen- dent for compatibility with the Common UNIX Printing System, but you can use smbspool with any printing system or from a program or script. DEVICE URI smbspool specifies the destination using a Uniform Resource Identifier ("URI") with a method of "smb". This string can take a number of forms: o smb://server[:port]/printer o smb://workgroup/server[:port]/printer o smb://username:password@server[:port]/printer o smb://username:password@workgroup/server[:port]/printer smbspool tries to get the URI from the environment variable DEVICE_URI. If DEVICE_URI is not present, smbspool will use argv[0] if that starts with smb:// or argv[1] if that is not the case. Programs using the exec(2) functions can pass the URI in argv[0], while shell scripts must set the DEVICE_URI environment variable prior to running smbspool. OPTIONS
o The job argument (argv[1]) contains the job ID number and is presently not used by smbspool. o The user argument (argv[2]) contains the print user's name and is presently not used by smbspool. o The title argument (argv[3]) contains the job title string and is passed as the remote file name when sending the print job. o The copies argument (argv[4]) contains the number of copies to be printed of the named file. If no filename is provided then this argu- ment is not used by smbspool. o The options argument (argv[5]) contains the print options in a single string and is currently not used by smbspool. o The filename argument (argv[6]) contains the name of the file to print. If this argument is not specified then the print file is read from the standard input. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smbd(8) and samba(7). AUTHOR
smbspool was written by Michael Sweet at Easy Software Products. The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter. The conversion to DocBook XML 4.2 for Samba 3.0 was done by Alexander Bokovoy. SMBSPOOL(8)