Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stopping a print request
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Stopping a print request Post 42280 by McFlashbang on Sunday 26th of October 2003 06:29:58 AM
Old 10-26-2003
check the job numbers, then lpq the request.
McFlashbang

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stopping a script

i want to stop a script from running after one minute, using the sleep command, and then kill the process. anyhelp with this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AtomJ22
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I can't resume a process after stopping it!

Hello, I have a process running, for example a "top". I send it a signal to stop it kill -s SIGSTOP 3423 It works, but when I want to resume it by kill -s SIGCONT 3423 It does not work. Help me please..... I have Fedora Core 4. Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nene
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stopping a processor

hi, Can any plz tell what is the command for stopping a processor? suppose a system is accessing 10 processors and we want to stop the 3rd & 6th processor then whats the command in Unix? thank u (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm_virtual
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stopping a command during the cycle

Hi, Two things really: 1) can you input a code to pause a program until a key is pressed? 2) can you stop a command during a cycle? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping a command in between

Hi Is it possible to stop a command executing after certain time? I have this command say prstat which keeps on giving the values etc of the processes after every 1 sec(refreshes the screen) What I want is just stop the execution after first screen Since I have written this command in shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stopping A process

Hi I want to stop a process using a shell script. how do i do that? ie, to simulate ps -ef|grep Process name get the process id and kill -9 process id plz help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopsman
4 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

stopping running process

hi all, I am using red hat AS 4 linux enterprise,i need to run my application such that while its running no other process shuld run all the remaining process should be suspended ,i need to use whole of the process only for that application to run ,can anyone suggest me how to do this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilakshmi
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

stopping you have mail.....

Hi, on server Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3, I am getting the mail "you have mail" can any body suggest how to stop this? mail are getting generated in below path. /var/spool/postfix/maildrop, due to which heavy file are getting generated. though sendmail service is stopped. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
LPRM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   LPRM(1)

NAME
lprm - remove jobs from the line printer spooling queue SYNOPSIS
lprm [ -Pprinter ] [ - ] [ job # ... ] [ user ... ] DESCRIPTION
Lprm will remove a job, or jobs, from a printer's spool queue. Since the spooling directory is protected from users, using lprm is nor- mally the only method by which a user may remove a job. Lprm without any arguments will delete the currently active job if it is owned by the user who invoked lprm. If the - flag is specified, lprm will remove all jobs which a user owns. If the super-user employs this flag, the spool queue will be emp- tied entirely. The owner is determined by the user's login name and host name on the machine where the lpr command was invoked. Specifying a user's name, or list of user names, will cause lprm to attempt to remove any jobs queued belonging to that user (or users). This form of invoking lprm is useful only to the super-user. A user may dequeue an individual job by specifying its job number. This number may be obtained from the lpq(1) program, e.g. % lpq -l 1st: ken [job #013ucbarpa] (standard input) 100 bytes % lprm 13 Lprm will announce the names of any files it removes and is silent if there are no jobs in the queue which match the request list. Lprm will kill off an active daemon, if necessary, before removing any spooling files. If a daemon is killed, a new one is automatically restarted upon completion of file removals. The -P option may be usd to specify the queue associated with a specific printer (otherwise the default printer, or the value of the PRINTER variable in the environment is used). FILES
/etc/printcap printer characteristics file /usr/spool/* spooling directories /usr/spool/*/lock lock file used to obtain the pid of the current daemon and the job number of the currently active job SEE ALSO
lpr(1), lpq(1), lpd(8) DIAGNOSTICS
``Permission denied" if the user tries to remove files other than his own. BUGS
Since there are race conditions possible in the update of the lock file, the currently active job may be incorrectly identified. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1996 LPRM(1)