Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron problem Post 42167 by Sn33R on Thursday 23rd of October 2003 06:08:37 AM
Old 10-23-2003
lol, nm... The problem wasn't with the date but to do with cron not being able to find a file which the script was using. The syntax worked and the script ran successfully for the first time last night! Smilie

Thanks again for all your replies... I've learned so much already from these forums. Keep up the good work!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron problem

Hi, I want to run my shrip for every 30 min.. if i enter crontab -l i am getting following.. 00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * /home/arbuser/temp2/perform/per.sh 00,15,40,35,50 * * * * sh home/arbuser/temp2/perform/per.sh if I enter like this : ps -ef |grep cron root 311454 1 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON problem

I am having a problem running a shell within CRON. It will run successfully if I do not inject a .profile into the entry. However, the second I place a . profile in front of the shell, the job does not execute. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VooDooMan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron problem!

The cron daemon on one of my HP boxes is giving the following error: I checked the queuedefs man page, and it has left me a bit confused. The man page says: So this means that no more than 100 cronjobs can be run at one time (we do not use at and batch on this system). The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron problem

Hi, I've just done a school boy error. I was trying to edit the crontab but instead of using: crontab -e I used crontab -r without realising. Then went to look at the crontab but ntohing their. Looked int he manual and -r removed the crontab. Is their any way of getting this back?? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tez
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron problem

Hi frnds... I m facing very irritating problem already waisted my 2 days.. I have a following script..( i am pasting only the main code) ftp -ivn 213.194.40.77 <<FTP user $user $password binary cd $FileDir/out lcd $localpath get $file rename $FileDir/out/$file $FileDir/tmp/$file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron problem

I'm using Red Hat and I need to get cron working and I'm not sure what the problem is. As a test I've done the following: 1) In /etc/cron.d I've created a file called date with the following contents 2) */1 * * * * root date >> /root/thedate 3) This works perfectly. It sends the date every... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerpm
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Problem

Hello folks, I've got a few cron jobs listed under a particular user id. They are running fine but then they are creating a new process every time they are running. Any idea folks? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Cron

Hi i am new here and have a quick question. i am receiving ./project.sh: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' ./project.sh: line 12: `echo "`date +"%F %R"` `md5sum /etc/passwd`" >> ' error message here is my script. could you please help! #!/bin/bash # PROGRAM:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mas1888
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with cron

Just wanted to know, what happens if a user exists in both files cron.allow and cron.deny. Will the user be able to set cron? Thanks, Deepak (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies
cscope-indexer(1)					      General Commands Manual						 cscope-indexer(1)

NAME
cscope-indexer - Script to index files for cscope SYNOPSIS
cscope-indexer [-v] [-f database_file] [-i list_file] [-l] [-r] DESCRIPTION
This script generates a list of files to index (cscope.out), which is then (optionally) used to generate a cscope database. You can use this script to just build a list of files, or it can be used to build a list and database. This script is not used to just build a data- base (skipping the list of files step), as this can be simply done by just calling "cscope -b". Normally, cscope will do its own indexing, but this script can be used to force indexing. This is useful if you need to recurse into sub- directories, or have many files to index (you can run this script from a cron job, during the night). It is especially useful for large projects, which can contstantly have source files added and deleted; by using this script, the changing sources files are automatically handled. Currently, any paths containing "/CVS/" or "/RCS/" are stripped out (ignored). OPTIONS
-f database_file Specifies the cscope database file (default: cscope.out). -i list_file Specifies the name of the file into which the list of files to index is placed (default: cscope.files). -l Suppress the generation/updating of the cscope database file. Only a list of files is generated. -r Recurse into subdirectories to locate files to index. Without this option, only the current directory is searched. -v Be verbose. Output simple progress messages. SEE ALSO
cscope(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux system by Robert Lemmen <robertle@semistable.com> (but may be used by others, of course) Script to index files for cscope 30. December 2002 cscope-indexer(1)