Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: text serach in unknown file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users text serach in unknown file Post 42149 by Kelam_Magnus on Wednesday 22nd of October 2003 04:37:10 PM
Old 10-22-2003
ROFL

I just realized 1000 - 254 =756 hehe... sorry long day... basic math here...

Yes I realized that the ls * was the same mistake... after i posted it. That works better on directories where there are not normally 1000 files in the dir...

also, 1746 + 999 = 2745, not 2748 Smilie You had that right in your previous post... +2 bytes for the command "l " gives you 2747... which was your first answer as well...

not sure I can see the flaw, Im kinda out of it today...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

automatic tar xf of file with unknown name

Hi all, With curl I can fetch a tar archive from a web server which contains a file ending with .scf which I am interested in. Unfortunately the file name may vary and the subdirectory inside the tar archive may change. I can manually browse the directory structure and extract the file and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkrahn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

serach file using awk

Hi, I was able to print lines when search for specific string using awk but i want to print when search for two different strings using awk instead of doing two times (Print lines only contain "Insert Records and Insert into" not between lines) Ex: awk '/Insert Records./' a4.log It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

serach and replace file name in the path in a remote xml file

hi every one , here is my problem !! i have to run my script from an account and update the result in a xml file located on a different account. i use existing ssh keys to do it remotely for example the tags looks like this <PropertyValueList... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranreddy1215
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to serach if a new line character exists on the last line in a file

I have a file in which I need to search if a new line character exists on the last line in the file. Please let me know how can I achieve it using Unix commands? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilbm78
10 Replies

5. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

serach and replace a specific pattern or value in a xml file

can some one help me with a perl command i have to search and replace a version from a xml-file so i use in a ksh script a command like this ssh $GLB_ACC@$GLB_HOST "/usr/contrib/bin/perl -pi -e "s/$curVersion/$new_Version/g" $Dest_dir/epi.xml" this command worked so far, but the problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranreddy1215
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to serach for Values grater tan 4 digits in a file using Awk Command

Dear All iam looking for a help in how to search for values grreater than 4 numbers. I run the below commad but its still not working awk '{ print $2 " " $5 }' AllRecords | grep "+008" | grep "length" > 4 Can any one help me. Regards Kadir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samura
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Serach a string for multiple occurrences in a file and cut related texts

Hi, I want a help in this forum for my below issue. 1. I have a file where I'm searching for a text . 2. When I get the line where the above string is present I want to cut some texts from the line where the particular string was found. These above two steps will repeat in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaski2012
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a value from a file and serach that value filename in a dir?

buddies, my requirement would be as follows, I have a file called test.txt and content of it would be yahoo gmail hotmail and i want to search a file name called "yahoo.html" (first line of test.txt) and then "gmail.html" and then "hotmail.html" in a /home/test dir. Any idea... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
Prima::HelpViewer(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Prima::HelpViewer(3)

NAME
Prima::HelpViewer - the built-in pod file browser USAGE
The module presents two packages, "Prima::HelpViewer" and "Prima::PodViewWindow". Their sole purpose is to serve as a mediator between "Prima::PodView" package, the toolkit help interface and the user. "Prima::PodViewWindow" includes all the user functionality, including ( but not limited to :) text search, color and font setup, printing etc. "Prima::HelpViewer" provides two methods - "open" and "close", used by "Prima::Application" for help viewer invocation. Help The browser can be used to view and print POD ( plain old documentation ) files. See the command overview below for more detailed description: File Open Presents a file selection dialog, when the user can select a file to browse in the viewer. The file must contain POD content, otherwise a warning is displayed. Goto Asks for a manpage, that is searched in PATH and the installation directories. New window Opens the new viewer window with the same context. Run Commands in this group call external processes p-class p-class is Prima utility for displaying the widget class hierachies. The command asks for Prima class to display the hierachy information for. Print Provides a dialog, when the user can select the appropriate printer device and its options. Prints the current topic to the selected printer. If "Full text view" menu item is checked, prints the whole manpage. Close window Closes the window. Close all windows Closes all help viewer windows. View Increase font Increases the currently selected font by 2 points. Decrease font Decreases the currently selected font by 2 points. Full text view If checked, the whole manpage is displayed. Otherwise, its content is presented as a set of topic, and only one topic is displayed. Find Presents a find dialog, where the user can select the text to search and the search options - the search direction, scope, and others. Find again Starts search for the text, entered in the last find dialog, with the same search options. Fast find The following commands provide a simple vi-style text search functionality - character keys ?,/,n,N bound to the commands below: Forward Presents an input line where a text can be entered; the text search is performed parallel to the input. Backward Same as Forward option, except that the serach direction is backwards. Repeat forward Repeat the search in the same direction as the initial search was being invoked. Repeat backward Repeat the search in the reverse direction as the initial search was being invoked. Setup Presents a setup dialog, where the user can select appropriate fonts and colors. Go Back Displays the previously visited manpage ( or topic ) Forward Displays the previously visited manpage ( or topic ), that was left via Back command. Up Displays the upper level topic within a manpage. Previous Moves to the previous topic within a manpage. Next Moves to the next topic within a manpage. Help About Displays the information about the help viewer. Help Displays the information about the usage of the help viewer AUTHOR
Dmitry Karasik, <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>. COPYRIGHT
This program is distributed under the BSD License. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-24 Prima::HelpViewer(3)