Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Based Ping Sweeper
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Solaris Based Ping Sweeper Post 42091 by kie on Wednesday 22nd of October 2003 07:14:07 AM
Old 10-22-2003
thanks peter I'll try it out

Kie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Can't ping using hostname on Solaris 10

I recently installed Solaris 10 on my Sun workstation. I cannot ping using hostname from another computer on the same network. But I can ping using the IP address. Also I can ping other systems using their hostnames. Can anyone give some information regarding how to resolve this issue. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha123
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Can not ping from Solaris VMWare to Windows

Dear All, I have installed Sun Solaris 10 on VMWare 6.5 completely and i have configured IP address already. Solaris's IP Address (on VMWare) is 192.168.10.241 and Windows xp that contain VMWare IP address is 192.168.10.125, but when i ping from solaris to my windows it didn't response at all.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veasnabee
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Ping Sun Solaris 10 on VmWare

Hi, i installed Sun Solaris 10 on VmWare Workstation 6.5 on my Windwos Vista PC. I would to ping solaris virtual machin froma my pc, but i can't do that. Can help me?! I'm sorry for my bad English. akela87 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akela87
2 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris ping timeout

Hi, I have two solaris 9 servers on the same switch, primary int0: 10.35.65.51 int1: 10.35.65.53 warm standby int0: 10.35.65.52 int1: 10.35.65.54 Primary server communicates with the other for db replication on int0 interfaces. But meanwhile we are using web interface running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnimious
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to ping Solaris VM from Xp host

Hi All, I am using Vmware Workstation 6.0.3 build-80004. Guest OS: Solaris 10 Host OS : Win XP I am getting request time out when i am trying to ping from XP ( cmd line) to Solaris VM - I have assigned IP 192.168.50.5 in Solaris VM ( Hostname: Tower1) and it is in UP status. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
4 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to ping Solaris from several Windows installations

Hello All, I have searched and searched, but I am not finding any answers. Any help would be very welcome. I have a home LAN centered around an Untangle gateway (up to date). I have a Windows 7 PC and a Snow Leopard Mac I also have two virtualized instances of windows (xp and 7) running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toadtilley
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to ping from Windows to Solaris 10 and vice versa?

Hi all, I installed Oracle virtual box 4.1.8 on my desktop. I installed Windows 2008 server R2 as one instance and Solaris 10 as another instance. When am trying to ping from Windows to solaris and vice-versa, ping not working. windows IP : 10.1.47.24 Solaris IP : 10.1.47.25 netstat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjks
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 - ping network issue

Hi, I'am begineer in this OS. I've installed it few days ago only to perform project "Managing users in Solaris". I have to create two virtual systems in eg. vmware , connect them and eg. rlogin from user1/machine1 to user2/machine2, give them some permissions to write read etc (this is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michael.pelc
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Windows 7 Host Cannot ping Solaris 10 DNS on VM

Hello All, Host - Windows 7 64 BIT Guest OS - Solaris 10 64 on VMWARE workstation Problem : I can not ping solaris VM from my host OS. please suggest the solution. Host OS:ipconfig /all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : INPS01900LT ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil_1111
5 Replies
SET SESSION 
AUTHORIZATION(7) SQL Commands SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION(7) NAME
SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION - set the session user identifier and the current user identifier of the current session SYNOPSIS
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION username SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT RESET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DESCRIPTION
This command sets the session user identifier and the current user identifier of the current SQL-session context to be username. The user name may be written as either an identifier or a string literal. The session user identifier is valid for the duration of a connection; for example, it is possible to temporarily become an unprivileged user and later switch back to become a superuser. The session user identifier is initially set to be the (possibly authenticated) user name provided by the client. The current user identi- fier is normally equal to the session user identifier, but may change temporarily in the context of ``setuid'' functions and similar mecha- nisms. The current user identifier is relevant for permission checking. The session user identifier may be changed only if the initial session user (the authenticated user) had the superuser privilege. Other- wise, the command is accepted only if it specifies the authenticated user name. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers act the same as for the regular SET [set(7)] command. The DEFAULT and RESET forms reset the session and current user identifiers to be the originally authenticated user name. These forms are always accepted. EXAMPLES
SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; current_user | session_user --------------+-------------- peter | peter SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION 'paul'; SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; current_user | session_user --------------+-------------- paul | paul COMPATIBILITY
SQL99 SQL99 allows some other expressions to appear in place of the literal username which are not important in practice. PostgreSQL allows iden- tifier syntax ("username"), which SQL does not. SQL does not allow this command during a transaction; PostgreSQL does not make this restriction because there is no reason to. The privileges necessary to execute this command are left implementation-defined by the stan- dard. SQL - Language Statements 2001-04-21 SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION(7)