Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron problem Post 42087 by s93366 on Wednesday 22nd of October 2003 06:23:58 AM
Old 10-22-2003
And the problem is ? Smilie

/Peter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron problem

Hi, I want to run my shrip for every 30 min.. if i enter crontab -l i am getting following.. 00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * /home/arbuser/temp2/perform/per.sh 00,15,40,35,50 * * * * sh home/arbuser/temp2/perform/per.sh if I enter like this : ps -ef |grep cron root 311454 1 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON problem

I am having a problem running a shell within CRON. It will run successfully if I do not inject a .profile into the entry. However, the second I place a . profile in front of the shell, the job does not execute. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VooDooMan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron problem!

The cron daemon on one of my HP boxes is giving the following error: I checked the queuedefs man page, and it has left me a bit confused. The man page says: So this means that no more than 100 cronjobs can be run at one time (we do not use at and batch on this system). The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron problem

Hi, I've just done a school boy error. I was trying to edit the crontab but instead of using: crontab -e I used crontab -r without realising. Then went to look at the crontab but ntohing their. Looked int he manual and -r removed the crontab. Is their any way of getting this back?? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tez
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron problem

Hi frnds... I m facing very irritating problem already waisted my 2 days.. I have a following script..( i am pasting only the main code) ftp -ivn 213.194.40.77 <<FTP user $user $password binary cd $FileDir/out lcd $localpath get $file rename $FileDir/out/$file $FileDir/tmp/$file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron problem

I'm using Red Hat and I need to get cron working and I'm not sure what the problem is. As a test I've done the following: 1) In /etc/cron.d I've created a file called date with the following contents 2) */1 * * * * root date >> /root/thedate 3) This works perfectly. It sends the date every... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerpm
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Problem

Hello folks, I've got a few cron jobs listed under a particular user id. They are running fine but then they are creating a new process every time they are running. Any idea folks? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Cron

Hi i am new here and have a quick question. i am receiving ./project.sh: line 12: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' ./project.sh: line 12: `echo "`date +"%F %R"` `md5sum /etc/passwd`" >> ' error message here is my script. could you please help! #!/bin/bash # PROGRAM:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mas1888
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with cron

Just wanted to know, what happens if a user exists in both files cron.allow and cron.deny. Will the user be able to set cron? Thanks, Deepak (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem with Cron: Script works manually but not w/Cron. Why?

Hello gurus, I am making what I think is a simple db2 call from within a shell script but I am having difficulty producing the desired report when I run the script shown below from a shell script in cron. For example, my script and the crontab file setup is shown below: #!/bin/ksh db2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: okonita
3 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)