Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Killing Idle session
Special Forums Cybersecurity Killing Idle session Post 4208 by kapilv on Friday 20th of July 2001 04:03:44 PM
Old 07-20-2001
Hi

it's 15 mins after the session has been idle.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Killing idle user processes

I'm looking for some help, please! I'm trying to kill any idle user processes over 40 Minutes. I have tried putting TMOUT=2400 within the users .profile However this does not seem to be working. We run aix 4.3.3 with ORACLE 7.3 The above works o.k. when the user is only within the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annette
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for killing idle users

I need a script that will look for idle users and kill there proc. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing idle users TIA

I wrote a script to kill users idle more than 1/2 hour, ignoring those in an exception list. Here is the script as it is now: #! /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { system("who -u | sort +5 > /tmp/loginfile"); system("echo User Sessions Killed > /tmp/killedlogins"); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaBear
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Every session is expiring within 1 minute if it kept idle.

Still it is not working. I had given 200 in putty but still it is expiring within 1 minute. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Every session is expiring within 1 minute if it kept idle.

Hi, I am accessing a solaris server via client machine. My problem is that every session is expiring within 1 minute if it kept idle. I am facing problem as i have to enter the credentials around 30 to 40 times per day. I tried to set the TMOUT variable but it does n't work. Please help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshikrishnab
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in killing the session !

Hello, I am new to unix scripts and have been experimenting with do-while structure. I have run into a problem. my script is, --- while true do ./redir --lport=55083 --caddr=14.121.119.21 --cport=55083 2>&1 >> /tmp/out.txt echo "Restarting `date`" done --- As you can see, i didnt handle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: script_newbie
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill idle script is killing unnecessarly

Hi All,I have a problem with my kill idle script.my script is supposed to kill the user sessions which are idle for more than 2 hours.But is is killing the sessions which are idle for less than 2 hrs also.I dont know the exact time after which the script is killing,but it is less than 2 hours i am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Kill idle dt session

Hi, i need to kill the idle dt sessions through script, can anyone tell me how to do? RJS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Get blank screen when killing a UNIX session on HP-UX

Hi, I have this Unix script that kills a user session. When I run it, my screen goes blank. How do I prevent the blank screen? Ex: I open 2 Unix sessions. The main PID for my 1st session is 1234. In the second session I issue a "kill -HUP 1234". The first session gets killed but the second... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm-r
5 Replies
gnome-session-properties(1)					   User Commands				       gnome-session-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-session-properties - configure GNOME sessions SYNOPSIS
gnome-session-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME sessions preference tool enables you to manage your sessions. You can set session preferences, and specify which applications to start when you start a session. You can configure sessions to save the state of applications on your desktop, and to restore the state when you start another session. You can also use this preference tool to manage multiple GNOME sessions. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the gnome-session-properties tool example% gnome-session-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-session-properties Executable for gnome-session-properties ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-session | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1), gnome-session(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gnome-session-properties(1)