Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Limitation of DiskSpace Script Post 42050 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 21st of October 2003 02:26:32 PM
Old 10-21-2003
Re: Limitation of DiskSpace Script

Quote:
Originally posted by Dansen
Hi,

I'm a teacher in Germany and I want to set up a classroom with Linux 8.1 PCs. Every User should have a Max of 100 MB available space. Now I need a script which tells everyone how much diskspace is used in a certain subdirectory.

It should work like that: User enters a command like
diskusage -directory
and the command should list all directories as following:

diskusage -mail
2.3M /mail/spam
1.4M /mail/important
29.2M /mail/private

directories which's sizes exceed 1G should not be listed.

I experimented with "du" but couldn't get the right method. Maybe a combination of "find" and "du" is the right way but I don't get it for some reason.

THX in advance,

Dennis
do a search for my username. i posted a diskusage script a while back. you can modify it to suit your needs.

and comming from a teacher i personaly would expect more then just asking for an answer exspecially w/o showing any work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diskspace

Hi there, pls help me, i have a problem, how i can find out the disk amount of each harddisk per command (not the on label on the Harddisk) i need it on HP UX and Sun. can anybody helb me???? pls thanks Scotty (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scotty
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP-UX 11i - File Size Limitation And Number Of Folders Limitation

Hi All, Can anyone please clarify me the following questions: 1. Is there any file size limitation in HP-UX 11i, that I can able to create upto certain size of file (say 2 GB) and not more then that???? 2. At max. how many files we can able to keep inside a folder???? 3. How many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundeep_mohanty
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to compute diskspace

Guys, have any idea for the script like this? also to compute w/ decimal. thanks a=10 b=20 c=30 d=40 if a < b then ( a -b)*1024 = free space b + (c -d) = total space if a > b then (b / d)*1024 = cpu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ASM Diskspace

Hi I want to check Oracle ASM disk status through a PERL script. Script flow would be like this ... 1. Its taking diskgroup name in the command line... 2. Connect to Oracle database 3. If connection error send a critical message. Plz replyyyyyyy...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]elimination with diskspace

dear all, i want elimination file with disk space for example: $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 62G 19G 41G 31% / /dev/sda1 99M 13M 82M 13% /boot tmpfs 1014M 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script arg or parameters limitation

Hi, I would like to ask some info on the script arguments/parameters. Does script arguments had limitation like inside or deep inside the loop in which it will not function as it use to be. as an example: $2 not working command2 () { for log in $LOG{1,2,3} do if && ; then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

DiskSpace Error

Hi, While am preparing the script for diskspace for different partitions different threshhold limit. am getting below error: ./test.sh: syntax error at line 5: `space=$' unexpected Script ==== #!/bin/sh df -h |grep -v '/oradata2'|grep -v '/orabkp' |grep -v '/oradata5' | awk '{ print $5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pavan83
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shc script size limitation and "_SC_ARG_MAX (see sysconf(2))" parameter

I wish to change the parameter (which I do not understand exactly what it is and I wish to) and be able to use shc with very long bash scripts (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor diskspace of /home/ not to exceed 80%

I want to monitor the diskspace of the /home/ directory NOT to exceed 80%. I want a script_file.sh for this. I am trying "df -h" command and I am stuck unable to extract the percentage. 1. HOW TO extract the percentage (I believe 5th column)? 2. IF we were able to extract the column,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreyas N
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python script for sendmail limitation

Hello, I have a web server (apache, php-fpm) with several vhosts sending mail through php. In order to avoid IP blacklisting when spam is sent by a domain i'm looking for a way to setup a rate limit for outgoing mail and when this limit is reached I want to receive an email warning me that a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: draugr
1 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)