Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions mounting a directory to a windows 2000 shared folder Post 41178 by RTM on Tuesday 30th of September 2003 11:46:18 AM
Old 09-30-2003
Try this instead:
mount -t smbfs -o username=my_user_name,password=password //oldserver/openexchange /home/temp/

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix with Windows 2000

Hey! I have just acquired a Unisys SMP6400 server. It has Unix already installed. It has 2 disk drives: 1 is 2 gig with Unix setup on it. The 2nd drive is 8 gig with apps. Both drives are under Mylex DAC960 raid control. Here is my question, can I install Windows 2000 Pro on this machine either... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastermold
11 Replies

2. Linux

Windows 2000 to Linux

:confused: I currently have windows 2000 installed on a 38 Gigabyte HD. I recently picked up a 'Teach Yourself Linux in 24 Hours' book. The book comes with a copy of redhat 5.0 (hurricane). I tried reinstalling windows with a partition of 10 GBs with a fat32 file system. That left me with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rawdawg
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file exists in a mounted windows shared folder

hi, I posted a thread before on that subject, but with a wrong focus... here's my problem: I want to check if a file exists in a windows shared folder mounted using: sudo mount -t cifs -o username=xxx,password=xxx,uid=xxx,gid=xxx //192.168.0.92/public /media/92_shared I tried if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jul
2 Replies

4. Linux

Unable to access fedora 10 shared folder from windows

Linux OS : Fedora 10 (No graphical mode) Windows OS : XP and Windows Server NT I am able to access from my windows to linux using following step //fedora10 ip username of admin and password I am able to view the admin and shared printer of fedora 10. When i try to enter in the admin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightmare49
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

mounting shared folder at boot

Hi All Everytime a reboot my machine "hostB" I have to mount a shared (with machine "hostA" ) NFS folder giving this command sudo mount hostA:/sharedFolder /sharedFolder How to use fstab in order to do this automatically? I should say hostA:/sharedFolder /sharedFolder ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
0 Replies

6. Solaris

mounting windows share folder

please help me,,i need step to mount windows share folder,,i try samba and nfs and it didnt work (in my linux server the command is fine),,can somenone give me an example for this to be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellscript
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from Unix Shell script to Windows Shared folder ?

Hi Before Posting my query in this forum, I have gone through various similar postings to get some idea on ftp and how to do that from unix shell script to windows server. My question is related to FTP'ing from Unix to windows shared folder My basic question is 1. Is it possible to do FTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
4 Replies

8. AIX

Connect from AIX 5.x to windows Server 2000 Shared Folder

Hi, I followed this procedure in order to mount in AIX a shared folder in windows server 2000. https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1012550 Ive tested the shared folder from other windows Server, and its fine. What Ive do in AIX is: Logon as root Under /Home/spss/ I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
2 Replies
libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3) 				  libssh2 manual				   libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_userauth_password_ex - authenticate a session with username and password SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_userauth_password_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *username, unsigned int username_len, const char *password, unsigned int password_len, LIBSSH2_PASSWD_CHANGEREQ_FUNC((*passwd_change_cb))); #define libssh2_userauth_password(session, username, password) libssh2_userauth_password_ex((session), (username), strlen(username), (password), strlen(password), NULL) DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) username - Name of user to attempt plain password authentication for. username_len - Length of username parameter. password - Password to use for authenticating username. password_len - Length of password parameter. passwd_change_cb - If the host accepts authentication but requests that the password be changed, this callback will be issued. If no call- back is defined, but server required password change, authentication will fail. Attempt basic password authentication. Note that many SSH servers which appear to support ordinary password authentication actually have it disabled and use Keyboard Interactive authentication (routed via PAM or another authentication backed) instead. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
Some of the errors this function may return include: LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_PASSWORD_EXPIRED - IBSSH2_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED - failed, invalid username/password or public/private key. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)