Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simple Question ever asked
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple Question ever asked Post 40994 by D3adRabbit on Friday 26th of September 2003 11:21:38 AM
Old 09-26-2003
Thanks I greatly appreciate your help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple Question

Hi All, I am new to UNIX Shell Scripting. I want to know what is the difference between the following two statements. if and if Thanks & Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvkamesh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

a simple question

I have a problem, why should root access only be provided from a login on the console, and why should a user be forced to use "su" command to perform system maintenance, rather than logging in? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnxi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I thought I asked the question before but I haven't sorry

:D could any one answer my previous question... just looked through logg and found no such question that I had asked.. please any input would help \.. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

asked question about script before missed ansewr..

linux fedora core2 :) i am trying to write a script to clear, date, pwd and tty a linux termnal or konsole.. when I test the tty against $0 i am, getting a premission denied on the terminal that I am trying to printf to.. I tried using an awk command, test condition, an if then fi clause, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hopefully simple question

When i type cd etc/shadow it says that file or directory doesnt exist? Is there a way to show this or am i typing something wrong? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

7. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Question

If given some output such as: "I'm having a senior moment" How do you print the last six characters to the screen? I'm thinking with awk or sed but can't remember how. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stepnkev
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies
EXIQSUMM(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       EXIQSUMM(8)

NAME
exiqsumm - Summarising the queue SYNOPSIS
exiqsumm [-a] [-c] DESCRIPTION
The exiqsumm utility is a Perl script which reads the output of exim -bp and produces a summary of the messages on the queue. Thus, you use it by running a command such as exim -bp | exiqsumm The output consists of one line for each domain that has messages waiting for it, as in the following example: 3 2322 74m 66m msn.com.example This lists the number of messages for the domain, their total volume, and the length of time that the oldest and the newest messages have been waiting. By default the output is sorted on the domain name, but exiqsumm has the options -a and -c, which cause the output to be sorted by oldest message and by count of messages, respectively. The output of exim -bp contains the original addresses in the message, so this also applies to the output from exiqsumm. No domains from addresses generated by aliasing or forwarding are included (unless the "one_time" option of the redirect router has been used to convert them into 'top level' addresses). BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/ AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from spec.txt by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIQSUMM(8)