Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to forward email to mobile phone? Post 40955 by smithwp on Thursday 25th of September 2003 08:42:37 PM
Old 09-25-2003
Question can I forward w/o deleting original?

I don't know if anyone is reading this thread anymore, but.
I receive email on a unix machine, and I would like to receive a notification on my cel phone (Nextel) whenver I receive an email on the unix machine. I can use a .forward to number@messaging.nextel.com, but then I lose all but the first 150some characters of the message.

So, is there a way to .forward, and leave a copy on the unix machine?

thanks!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Do You Use Your Mobile Phone to Access the Internet?

How much do you use your mobile phone to access the Internet? Vote and Discuss!! (46 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
46 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

What Company Makes Your Mobile Phone?

Without getting into the exact models (which change all the time anyway), who makes your (primary) mobile phone? (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
35 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Iptables forward traffic to forward chain!!!

Hi, I am new to linux stuff. I want to use linux iptables to configure rule so that all my incoming traffic with protocol "tcp" is forwarded to the "FORWARD CHAIN". The traffic i am dealing with has destination addresss of my machine but i want to block it from coming to input chain and somehow... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsipk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking email ids / phone no's in file along with obscene words

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to mask obscene words and other contents like email id's/phone numbers in the file. Below is the sample input /output. Sample data : cat smp.txt The service is really bad . My email abc@gmail.com You can contact me at 4078909831 Output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
2 Replies
QBOOBMSG(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QBOOBMSG(1)

NAME
qboobmsg - Qt application to read an reply to messages on various websites SYNOPSIS
qboobmsg [-h] [-dqv] [-b backends] ... qboobmsg [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
Qt application allowing to read messages on various websites and reply to them. Supported websites: * aum ("Adopte un Mec" French dating website) * bnporc (BNP Paribas French bank website) * bouygues (Bouygues Telecom French mobile phone provider) * dlfp (Da Linux French Page news website) * ecrans (Ecrans French news website) * fourchan (4chan image board) * hds (Histoires de Sexe French erotic novels) * inrocks (Les Inrocks French news website) * lefigaro (Le Figaro French newspaper website) * minutes20 (2 Minutes French newspaper website) * newsfeed (Loads RSS and Atom feeds from any website) * okc (OkCupid dating website) * orange (Orange French mobile phone provider) * phpbb (phpBB forum) * presseurop (Presseurop website) * sfr (SFR French mobile phone provider) * taz (Taz newspaper website) OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -b BACKENDS, --backends=BACKENDS what backend(s) to enable (comma separated) LOGGING OPTIONS
-d, --debug display debug messages -q, --quiet display only error messages -v, --verbose display info messages --logging-file=LOGGING_FILE file to save logs -a, --save-responses save every response COPYRIGHT
Copyright(C) 2010-2011 Romain Bignon For full COPYRIGHT see COPYING file with weboob package. FILES
"~/.config/weboob/backends" SEE ALSO
Home page: http://weboob.org/applications/qboobmsg qboobmsg 0.c 04 May 2012 QBOOBMSG(1)