Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove whitespace and test
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove whitespace and test Post 40909 by bensky on Thursday 25th of September 2003 04:57:24 AM
Old 09-25-2003
remove whitespace and test

Hi,

I know removing whitespaces I can found so many threads to read how it works and i did it, but my problem isn't solved...

I have in my script a variable $1 which can contains a text like " Channel ".

No I want to check if $1 contains the word Channel, but I don't know how many whitespaces there are before and after the word...

I tried this:

if [ "Channel" = $1|awk '{print $1}'>$1 ] ; then
echo "found!!!"
fi

So where is the problem??
Sorry for this stupid question

Ben Sky

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed : remove whitespace

I'm trying to remove the whitespace at the end of each line of a text file in ksh. Im using sed s/ $//g' file1.txt > file2.txt It's not working. Any clues? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.hamilton
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm: Unable to remove directory /mnt/users/test/logs/: File exists

rm: Unable to remove directory /mnt/users/test/logs/: File exists ls -latr total 191208 drwxrwxrwx 6 test echo 4096 Jul 3 22:36 .. -rwxrwxrwx 1 test echo 97692804 Jul 3 22:36 .nfsDFA4 drwxrwxr-x 2 test echo 4096 Jul 3 23:00 . M not able to delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solitare123
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove whitespace

I combined 2 files using the paste command. It gave me something like this: 123445 ,AABBNN 22344 ,BBVVMM I want to remove the whitespace between the end of string 1 and the comma (there is more blank space than my post is showing). Would I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match (whitespace digits whitespace) sequence?

Hi Following is an example line. echo "192.22.22.22 \"33dffwef\" 200 300 dsdsd" | sed "s:\(\ *\ \):\1:" I want it's output to be 200 However this is not the case. Can you tell me how to do it? I don't want to use AWK for this. Secondly, how can i fetch just 300? Should I use "\2"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahanali
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: Remove whitespace between two strings

I have a 13 number string, some whitespace, and then /mp3. I need to join them. Everyline that I need this for begins with "cd" (without the quotes). What it looks like now: cd media/Audio/WAVE/9781933976334 /mp3 What I want my output to be: cd media/Audio/WAVE/9781933976334/mp3 The 13... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove whitespace after pipe symbol but not inside words

I have a file that looks like this: 102| #2 X 1/4-INCH| 30188| EA| FTW| A| NOT SERIAL TRACKING| NOT LOT TRACKING| TRUE| #2 X 1/4-INCH 102| #2 X 1/4-INCH| 30188| EA| VPS| A| NOT SERIAL TRACKING| NOT LOT TRACKING| TRUE| #2 X 1/4-INCH 102| #6 X 1/2"| ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How remove leading whitespace from xml (sed /awk?)

Hi again I have an xml file and want to remove the leading white space as it causes me issues later in my script I see sed is possible but cant seem to get it to work I tried sed 's/^ *//' file.xml output <xn:VsDataContainer id="1U104799" modifier="update"> ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aniquebmx
10 Replies
fcp(7D) 							      Devices								   fcp(7D)

NAME
fcp - Fibre Channel protocol driver DESCRIPTION
The fcp driver is the upper layer protocol that supports mechanisms for transporting SCSI-3 commands over Fibre Channel. The fcp driver, which interfaces with the Sun Fibre Channel transport library fctl(7D), supports the standard functions provided by the SCSA interface. FILES
/kernel/drv/fcp 32-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/amd64/fcp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/fcp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (SPARC) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Unknown | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfcp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtconf(1M), driver.conf(4), fctl(7D), fp(7D), usoc(7D) Writing Device Drivers Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.230: 1994 Fibre Channel Generic Services (FC-GS-2) Project 1134-D Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.272-1996 Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP) ANSI X3.269-1996 SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM) Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) ANSI X3.270-1996 Fabric Loop Attachment (FC-FLA), NCITS TR-20:1998 SunOS 5.10 20 Oct 2004 fcp(7D)