Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK embeded PERL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK embeded PERL Post 40741 by bionicfysh on Monday 22nd of September 2003 03:57:18 PM
Old 09-22-2003
AWK embeded PERL

Hello MIRV (and HELLO EVERYONE)

Thanks for your reply.
I believe that you meant a batch, as opposed to a patch process ?
Well, am hoping to use it to secure my website. I have written a html form which prompts the user for his credentials, and then I get the perl script to check the credentials, before redirecting the user to the appropriate page.

I am really not sure how to integrate normal shell commands into a perl script. Earlier I even tried the [echo] command, but it is simply ignored.

Sorry, guys, but this is quite a desperate situation, and I would appreciate some help in this matter. (or at least some pointer)

Many thanks again

sosthene

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embeded programm within programm

Hi, How to embeded programme within perl programme. Shankarao (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarao
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define an alias with an embeded awk command ??

Hi all, I'm trying to define an alias with an embeded awk command: alias kpipe='kill `psme| grep "ifw -r" | grep -v "grep ifw -r"| awk '{print $2}'`' The problem is that the awk command (awk '{print $2}') contains two ' ..' quotes. So bash assumes that the first awk quote corresponds to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfortes
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in embeded command substitution

$ echo $(tty|sed 's#/*/##') pts/0 $ who | grep $(tty|sed 's#/*/##') grep: 0652-033 Cannot open 0551-011. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open Standard. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open input. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open is. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open not. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open a. grep: 0652-033 Cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrl
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or perl

hi all I am new to awk/perl I would appreciate it if you could help! how do I read a sub folder and their files. e.g. simulation/10ms/router1.dat, router2.dat,..., router16.dat simulation/100ms/router1.dat, router2.dat,..., router16.dat simulation/300ms/router1.dat,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmoses
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using perl grep and awk

I have a script to get server information i wrote in perl because i would like to learn it (and I use it for work). It works great, however i would like to know if there is a good way to reduce the following line. Sean (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: insania
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk vs perl

awk -F "|" '{print $2$3$4 upto $30}' file1 > file2 Same logic, i want to write it in perl I tried #!/bin/usr/perl my $line; open FH, "<file1" or die " Can't open file $!"; open FH1, ">file2" or die "Can't open file "; while (<FH1>){ $line = (split /\|/,$_); print FH2 $line;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - to -- PERL

DEAR ALL, i am using following command to fetch some records from more then 50000 files... command is taking more time .... can i have perl command for the same...( i am New to perl ) awk -F "|" '{ if($4==3244898 && $5==5000185) print $66}' *.DATA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
2 Replies

8. Programming

Error in Python Embeded in Qt C++

hi i have an error in script language when run it i use python 2.4, CentOS 5.5, Qt C++ 2010/04 the error is SystemError: null argument to internal routine the Python Code def main(i): print i if __name__ == "__main__": main(i) the C++ Code PyObject *objModule =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HanyM.Magdy
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embeded shell variable in command line

Hello, I know this is a situation about the single quote and double literal, but I could not figure out after many search. I need to loop through thousands of different BACs sequencing to optimize kmer individually. IN=/PATH/TO/INPUT/FILES for sample in S{01..1096} do run_program... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting awk to perl

Hello. I'm currently teaching myself Perl and was trying to turn an awk code that I had written into Perl. I have gotten stuck on a particular part and a2p has not helped me at all. The task was to take a .csv file containing a name, assignment type, score and points possible and compute it into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
PAM_SETCRED(3)							 Linux-PAM Manual						    PAM_SETCRED(3)

NAME
pam_setcred - establish / delete user credentials SYNOPSIS
#include <security/pam_appl.h> int pam_setcred(pam_handle_t *pamh, int flags); DESCRIPTION
The pam_setcred function is used to establish, maintain and delete the credentials of a user. It should be called to set the credentials after a user has been authenticated and before a session is opened for the user (with pam_open_session(3)). The credentials should be deleted after the session has been closed (with pam_close_session(3)). A credential is something that the user possesses. It is some property, such as a Kerberos ticket, or a supplementary group membership that make up the uniqueness of a given user. On a Linux system the user's UID and GID's are credentials too. However, it has been decided that these properties (along with the default supplementary groups of which the user is a member) are credentials that should be set directly by the application and not by PAM. Such credentials should be established, by the application, prior to a call to this function. For example, initgroups(2) (or equivalent) should have been performed. Valid flags, any one of which, may be logically OR'd with PAM_SILENT, are: PAM_ESTABLISH_CRED Initialize the credentials for the user. PAM_DELETE_CRED Delete the user's credentials. PAM_REINITIALIZE_CRED Fully reinitialize the user's credentials. PAM_REFRESH_CRED Extend the lifetime of the existing credentials. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_CRED_ERR Failed to set user credentials. PAM_CRED_EXPIRED User credentials are expired. PAM_CRED_UNAVAIL Failed to retrieve user credentials. PAM_SUCCESS Data was successful stored. PAM_SYSTEM_ERR A NULL pointer was submitted as PAM handle, the function was called by a module or another system error occured. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User is not known to an authentication module. SEE ALSO
pam_authenticate(3), pam_open_session(3), pam_close_session(3), pam_strerror(3) Linux-PAM Manual 04/01/2010 PAM_SETCRED(3)