Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: howto
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers howto Post 40562 by tamemi on Thursday 18th of September 2003 05:25:31 AM
Old 09-18-2003
now everyting is clear ..

Thanks .

Do you know i have another questions ,,, not related to back up !!

1. Why unix system could not be infected ith viruses !!

2. how can i stop many many spam emails , which are getting me and my users crazy !!

is there any FREE antispamm software that works with solaries7 , sendmail 8.9.3

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pop3 service- howto?

Hello , I have this RH6.2 box with sendmail8.9.3-20 (configured and running properly ) I have also (procmail3.14-2 , fetchmail5.3.1-1 ) installed but I don't know about them. (( all installed as rpm packages)) okay ,,, here what I need: I need to be able to use OUTLOOK or any other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: t_zone
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full Duplex Howto

Dear Members, I was reading a few posts and saw something about installing two Nics so one could use Full Duplex. I remember back in the day of dial up, you could have two modems and use one for upstream and one for downstream. This was called shotgunning. It seems that you can now do the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

windows howto find

Hi all! How would you do the equivalent of find ! -type f..... under windows? Meaning, how under a directory could you find all files except those named *.mp3 for example? the command under linux would be: find $DIR ! -name "*.mp3" what would be that under windows? Thanx for any ideas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

system () howto ??

How do you write a command to : A text line to a file in ./DATA1/archive.log using system () in awk TodayDate Time scriptname.ksh filename.dat system(echo `date '+%D %T` scriptname.ksh >> ./DATA/archive.log) --> syntax error +%D Thanks for your help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: britney
0 Replies

5. Linux

boot cd linux HOWTO?

i have linux bootable cd. I want similar bootalbe cd with some chnage in the disk. i.e, some file from the old cd has to replaced in newer one. how do i do it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto create a file

Hi folks, How do we create a file using shell script? i mean to say that do we use is it a good approch to do echo "abc" >file echo "xxxx" >>file or is there any better method? Thanks, Amit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Looking for CIFS howto

I just skimmed through the Administration Guide about LDAP and CIFS. Well that's a whole lot of text. Does someone know a tutorial/introduction with some steps to make? TIA (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto use grep command

Hi all , i am having a table which contains start date and end date for ex .. startdate enddate 12/03/2011 12/04/2012 11/03/2011 20/05/2011 11/04/2011 28/07/2011 how to grep startdate = 12/03/2011 enddate = 28/07/2011 i need output :- startdate:12/03/2012... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Q: Howto compare 2 files

Greetings, I made an extraction on 2 different databases. What I need to do is to compare those extractions to know what is on database1 which is not on database2 and vice versa. In those files, there are only numbers. So each line is just a number witch should be present on both file. If... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekullos
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto cancel I/O redirection ?

Hi on AIX systems (6.x and 7.x) I have ksh scripts redirecting I/O, and running another script script000.ksh ie : # my script ... >${LOG} >${LOGCTRL} exec >>${LOG} 2>>${LOG} . ${PROJECT}/.../script000.ksh # hereafter, restore default I/O ... Is it possible at the end of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
2 Replies
SPAMASS_MILTER(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 SPAMASS_MILTER(8)

NAME
spamass-milter -- sendmail milter for passing emails through SpamAssassin SYNOPSIS
spamass-milter -p socket [-b|-B spamaddress] [-d debugflags] [-D host] [-e defaultdomain] [-f] [-i networks] [-I] [-m] [-M] [-P pidfile] [-r nn] [-u defaultuser] [-x] [-- spamc flags ...] DESCRIPTION
The spamass-milter utility is a sendmail milter that checks and modifies incoming email messages with SpamAssassin. The following options are available: -p socket Specifies the pathname of a socket to create for communication with sendmail. If it is removed, sendmail will not be able to access the milter. This may cause messages to bounce, queue, or be passed through unmiltered, depending on the parameters in sendmail's .cf file. -b spamaddress Redirects tagged spam to the specified email address. All envelope recipients are removed, and inserted into the message as 'X-Spam-Orig-To:' headers. -B spamaddress Same as -b, except the original recipients are retained. Only one of -b and -B may be used. -d debugflags Enables logging. debugflags is a comma-separated list of tokens: func Entry and exit of internal functions. misc Other non-verbose logging. net Lookups of the ignored netblocks list. poll Low-level I/O to the child spamc process. rcpt Recipient processing. spamc High-level I/O to the child spamc process. str Calls to field lookup and string comparison functions. uori Calls to the update_or_insert function. 1 (historical) Same as func,misc. 2 (historical) Same as func,misc,poll. 3 (historical) Same as func,misc,poll,str,uori. -D host Connects to a remote spamd server on host, instead of using one on localhost. This option is deprecated; use -- -d host instead. -e defaultdomain Pass the full user@domain address to spamc. The default is to pass only the username part on the assumption that all users are local. This flag is useful if you are using an SQL (or other username) backend with spamassassin and have listed the full address there. If the recipient name has no domain part (if the recipient is on the local machine for example), defaultdomain is added. Requires the -u flag. -f Causes spamass-milter to fork into the background. -i networks Ignores messages if the originating IP is in the network(s) listed. The message will be passed through without calling SpamAssassin at all. networks is a comma-separated list, where each element can be either an IP address (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn), a CIDR network (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nn), or a network/netmask pair (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn). Multiple -i flags will append to the list. For example, if you list all your internal networks, no outgoing emails will be filtered. -I Ignores messages if the sender has authenticated via SMTP AUTH. -m Disables modification of the 'Subject:' and 'Content-Type:' headers and message body. This is useful when SpamAssassin is configured with 'defang_mime 0' and 'report_header 1', or when SA is simply used to add headers for postprocessing later. Updating the body through the milter interface can be slow for large messages. -M Like -m, but also disables creation of any SpamAssassin 'X-Spam-*' headers as well. Both tagged and untagged mail gets passed through unchanged. To be useful, this option should be used with the -r, -b, or -B flags. If -b is used, the 'X-Spam-Orig-To:' headers will still be added. -P pidfile Create the file pidfile, containing the processid of the milter. -r nn Reject scanned email if it greater than or equal to nn. If -1, reject scanned email if SpamAssassin tags it as spam (useful if you are also using the -u flag, and users have changed their required_hits value). For example, if you usually use procmail to redirect tagged email into a separate folder just in case of false positives, you can use -r 15 and reject flagrant spam outright while still receiving low-scoring messages. -u defaultuser Pass the username part of the first recipient to spamc with the -u flag. This allows user preferences files to be used. If the mes- sage is addressed to multiple recipients, the username defaultuser is passed instead. Note that spamass-milter does not know whether an email is incoming or outgoing, so a message from <user1@localdomain.com> to <user2@yahoo.com> will make spamass-milter pass -u user2 to spamc. -x Pass the recipient address through sendmail -bv, which will perform virtusertable and alias expansion. The resulting username is then passed to spamc. Requires the -u flag. -- spamc flags ... Pass all remaining options to spamc. This allows you to connect to a remote spamd with -d or -p. FILES
/usr/bin/spamc client interface to SpamAssassin SEE ALSO
spamassassin(1), spamd(1) AUTHORS
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@gnu.org> Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com> BSD
July 25, 2001 BSD