Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting path for GCC?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Setting path for GCC? Post 40502 by HOUSCOUS on Tuesday 16th of September 2003 11:44:02 PM
Old 09-17-2003
Thanx cbkihong! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on setting path variable

Hi there, I need help on setting the path variable. How can I set the path variable with Bourne Shell. My scripts goes like this, but did not work. #!/bin/sh PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/export/home/zchen/home export PATH Thanks, Z (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: randomcz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting path

Hi all, I have a java command in a shell script. When i m executing the command from the prompt its working fine. But when i paste the same command in a shell script and execute the shell script it says path not found. Please help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem Setting $PATH

I am trying to install the pkg-get package to a fresh install of Solaris 10. I am able to download and install correctly using the default directory for both pkg-get and wget as found on blastwave.org. When I issue the command "which wget and which pkg-get" it returns no wget or pkg-get found in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greengrass
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting up a path in UNIX

I have the following script "test". When i tried to execute it, I am not able to run it. I dunno why ? Then i tried getting the first few lines of the script which is displayed below: $head -10 test #!/bin/ksh PROG=$0;export PROG ORAUSER=`get_inf_env INFORM_DB_ACCOUNT`;export ORAUSER... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting path names

I am in a directory called /abstracts Doing tree -d gives . ├── geo1936 │ ├── geo01n01 │ ├── geo01n02 │ └── geo01n03 ├── geo1937 │ ├── geo02n01 │ ├── geo02n02 │ ├── geo02n03 │ └── geo02n04 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up a private path

Hi all, This is probably a very simple question but I couldn't even think of how to phrase it intelligently so google could tell me the answer. Basically I am a user on a server, I am not the admin and do not have root privileges. I have downloaded a bunch of programs that I need to use and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavyK1984
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any $PATH default setting?

This is a very newbie's question: I was trying to add a new version of the same command "blastn", but the old command always shows up first. which blastn /usr/local/bin/blastnThe two versions of the same command "blastn" are located in: which -a blastn /usr/local/bin/blastn... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting class path

hi , can anybody help me to chage the class path in unix server.. what are the files need to update .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
2 Replies

9. Programming

Gcc linker search path order

I have a build where I wish to link against and load a specific version of a library and a different version of the same library is installed on the system. I'm using a -L option to point to the version that I wish to link against but gcc still seems to choose the installed version. Is there a way... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Richard Johnson
4 Replies
BUILDER-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						     BUILDER-CC(1)

NAME
builder-cc - gcc wrapper to facilitate pentium-optimizations SYNOPSIS
export DEBIAN_BUILDARCH=architecture export DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER=gcc-version gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The builder-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual. If the environment variable DEBIAN_BUILDARCH is not set, builder-cc does nothing, and the real gcc is invoked with the specified arguments. When the DEBIAN_BUILDARCH environment variable is set, builder-cc invokes gcc with the specified arguments, plus -mcpu=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH -march=DEBIAN_BUILDARCH This has the effect of telling gcc to use architecture-specific optimizations without changing the command line. This is particularly useful for package builds. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is not set, builder-cc calls gcc.real. If DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER is set, builder-cc calls gcc-DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER instead. ENVIRONMENT
DEBIAN_BUILDARCH If set, the architecture to compile for. Useful values are pentium or pentiumpro. DEBIAN_BUILDGCCVER If set, the version of gcc to be invoked. Useful values are 3.0 or 2.95. NOTES
The real gcc is renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus builder-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
gcc(1) Debian Project 2002-03-02 BUILDER-CC(1)