Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C compiling
Top Forums Programming C compiling Post 4041 by cantcatchme on Tuesday 17th of July 2001 01:55:46 PM
Old 07-17-2001
C compiling

I recently loaded SuSE on my intel comp.
I am presently taking a walk down memory lane from my days at UofT.
I was fiddling round with cc and the gcc compilers.
I wrote a basic basic basic program .
I tried to compile it as I remember doing in Uni. The problem is that it can't find the header file that I included in the program (studio.h). The compiler spits out the error message "studio.h: No such file or directory.

Where is this file located or do I have to load it from elsewhere?

Thanks.

PS:I did a search for studio.h and found no references.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling

would anyone know of a good online tutorial on compiling and installing tarballs? i'm looking for one that assumes that you know very little to nothing about unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compiling qt

i am trying to compile and install free qt for x11 2.2.4 in order to use kde 2.1. i'm using freebsd 4.3 i currently have XFree86 installed and working. i followed these instructions: ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/INSTALL i get through the unpacking fine and i set my .profile. --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nydel
2 Replies

3. Programming

compiling

I am new to unix so please forgive ignorance. I am running openbsd-2.9 and need some help. All the software I run was added via the package system openbsd has. There have been times when I need an app. But it was not in the openbsd ports and or packages system. I usually just wait for it to show up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
1 Replies

4. AIX

compiling with aix 5.1

Hello, i will compile php and apache on an aix 5.1. Configure works fine. When i start the make the following error appears: /usr/include/sys/context.h:155: parse error before "sigset64_t" /usr/include/sys/context.h:158: parse error before '}' token make: 1254-004 The error code from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: n-may
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

compiling the RRDtool

I tried to compile the RRDtool on HP-UX (IA56). I have gcc-3.4.3 and perl 5.8.0 I got this: Writing Makefile for RRDs cd perl-shared && make /opt/perl/bin/perl /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap /opt/perl/lib/5.8.0/ExtUtils/typemap RRDs.xs > RRDs.xsc && mv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

re-compiling

I have a problem. How can I be sure that the binary currently in production is the binary originally produced by the compiler? I ask because recompiling the sources (ALL sources + stripping away the metadata: strip ...) does not give the same result. I am pretty sure that I wasn't hacked! ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aViking
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Compiling programs

Hi guys i have posted a thread months ago and a guy called dukenuke or smething like that told me that i have to install Sun Studio if i want to be able to compile programs. I have installed Sun Studio 12 and put it in my PATH but no success compiling anything. when i download some source (tar.gz)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saveka
2 Replies

8. Programming

Compiling with Dll in HP Ux

Hi all, I had trouble compiling my application with a custom dll, the error appear to be some undefined reference to the functions i had created in my dll. Is there a need to update any environmental variable such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH as in linux system. Please advise. One more thing is do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

10. Linux

kernel compiling

Hello, I have several questions to get awnsered about the newer linux kernels (2.6.25) and above. 1st question: Ive read that the newer kernels you can compile the marvell sd8686 driver from the source. can anyone confrim this? only binaries i see for that driver are for 2.6.24 and im already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: old noob
0 Replies
pixie(1)						      General Commands Manual							  pixie(1)

Name
       pixie - add profiling code to a program

Syntax
       pixie in_prog_name [ options ]

Description
       The pixie command reads an executable program, partitions it into basic blocks, and writes an equivalent program containing additional code
       that counts the execution of each basic block. A basic block is a region of the program that can be  entered  only  at  the  beginning  and
       exited only at the end.	The pixie command also generates a file containing the address of each of the basic blocks.

When  you run the pixie-generated program, it (provided it terminates normally or via a call to generates a file containing the basic block
       counts. The name of the file is that of the original program with any leading directory names removed and ".Counts" appended.  and can ana-
       lyze these files and produce a listing of profiling data.

Options
       -o out_prog_name    Specify  a  name  for  the translation.  The default is to remove any leading directory names from the in_prog_name and
			   append ".pixie".

-bbaddrs name	   Specify a name for the file of basic block addresses.  Default is to  remove  any  leading  directory  names  from  the
			   in_prog_name and append ".Addrs".

-[no]quiet	   Controls whether a summary is given of the binary-to-binary translation process. The default is -noquiet.

-[no]dwops	   Controls translation of double-word load/store instructions so that binaries using these instructions can be run on old
			   processors.	The default is -nodwops (translate).

-[no]textdata	   Controls whether pixie puts the original text into the translated output.  This is required to correctly translate pro-
			   grams  with	data  in  the text section (for example, f77 format statements in some compiler releases).  The default is
			   -textdata (include original text).

-[no]idtrace	   Disables or enables tracing of instruction and data memory references.  -idtrace is equivalent to  using  both  -itrace
			   and -dtrace together.  The default is -noidtrace

-[no]itrace	   Disable or enable tracing of instruction memory references.	The default is -noitrace

-[no]dtrace	   Disable or enable tracing of data memory references.  Currently, -dtrace requires -itrace.  The default is -nodtrace

-[no]oldtrace	   Disable or enable the old memory reference trace format.  The default is -oldtrace.

-idtrace_sample number
			   Record only 1 out of every number memory reference chunks. (This feature not yet implemented.)

-idtrace_file number
			   Specify a UNIX file descriptor number for the trace output file.  The default is 19.

Restrictions
       The handler function address to the signal system calls is not translated, therefore, programs that receive signals  cannot work pixified.

Programs  that  call vfork cannot work pixified because the child process modifies the parent state required for pixie operation.  Use fork
       instead.

Pixified code is substantially larger than the original code.  Conditional branches that used to fit  in  the  16-bit  branch  displacement
       field may no longer fit, generating a pixie error.

See Also
       prof(1), pixstats(1)

4th Berkeley Distribution					       RISC								  pixie(1)