Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers the simplest question in the WORLD Post 40263 by art_malabanan on Thursday 11th of September 2003 10:48:57 PM
Old 09-11-2003
Hi ,

I will go with android suggestion is the simpliest way . make sure u get the partion prepared before u install unix . just re-partition your hdd then the unix will use the unpartition space .
goodluck Smilie

art

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm incapable of the simplest thing

Okay, stupid question How can I use ed, exactly? I need just a quick tutorial, thanks. Cheers! Tavy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tavy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on tweaking the PATH variable to allow the world to run my executable script

All, I am pretty new to Unix and still in the learning curve :) I have a simple requirement for which I did not get an answer yet (Atleast I do not know how to keyword the search for my requirement!!!). I have an executable script my.script1 in a folder /data/misc/scripts/dev, which when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Should be the simplest thing in the world grep

should be the simplest thing in the world use grep but i not get it i have several files, in this files i need to khow how many times the words are repeated but the files must star whit P_ this work egrep -c "word1|word2" *P_* result: P_11351814:1 P_11351823:3 P_11351826:1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SirGrifo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simplest way to format with If on stout?

So I'm trying to figure out a way to do some very simple formatting on standard output. I have a command that I will run (many many times) the output will either be true or false. So all i really want is to run the command and if its true write true in green and if its false to write false in red.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
10 Replies

5. Programming

The simplest network driver

Hi, I am trying to write the simplest network driver that would send whatever through cable. My configuration is: Linux machine with some Intel network adapter Another machine with WireShark I connected Intel network adapter to second machine and want anything to pop up at wireshark. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simplest way to access Linux system mail from email client

I'm not a Linux newbie but this seemed like a pretty n00b question. I am familiar with Postfix/Dovecot setups but now I am looking for the simplest way to access mail on a Linux system, such as the mail that goes to /var/mail/root. I know I can edit /etc/aliases and have the system mail go straight... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TayKimchi
6 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)