Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to enable ifconfig to unprivileged user? Post 40087 by HOUSCOUS on Monday 8th of September 2003 10:18:32 PM
Old 09-08-2003
Thanx RTM. And how do I setup sbin, just mkdir? And how can I check those files? I didn't find them.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable a user via remsh

hi guys, has anybody a solution to enable a user via remsh (in a script)? i know only this: remsh $i /usr/bin/passwd -r files -d USERNAME but on this option the user must enter a new passwd. is it possible to set the passwd in the string or in a file and set a parameter into the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottl
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem monitor, for unprivileged user

how can i, ordinary, not a privileged user, monitor my part of filesystem ($HOME dir), to see (at least in log) when and which files was created/deleted/moved ? (I heard something abound "sandbox", but i don`t need to restrict applications, i just want to log its actions) p.s. my system is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: variety
0 Replies

3. Linux

How to Enable TELNET for root user

How to Enable TELNET for root user in Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi_13
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular user - enable printer - aix unix

how can I let a regular user enable a printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naes
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable user quota

hi! i would like to enable user quota on my system (FreeBSD 6.2) i've check on enabling user quota here but i still confuse with fstab it shows there: /dev/da1s2g /home ufs rw,userquota 1 2 but my current /etc/fstab : # Device Mountpoint FStype Options ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdns
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To enable sqlplus for a user in unix

Hi I added a new user using root... now i need to enable sqlplus for that particular user... when i give sqlplus schemaname/pwd it gives $ sqlplus -bash: sqlplus: command not found PFB the OS am using $ uname -a Linux gs-portal-04 2.4.21-57.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Apr 23... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whiteboard
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to enable guest user in ubuntu 10.04

Hi, do you know how to enable guest user in ubuntu lucid 10.04 ? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dagigg
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10

I am not able to get ftp working for Solaris 10 for root user. I am getting login failed error. 331 Password required for root. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. Tried following things already. 1. SFTP works ok, still would like to know why FTP is not working (curious). 2.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Grant unprivileged user rights to see the output of echo|format but not modify disks

anyone have any idea how do to this with auth_attr? I suspect if I grant him solaris.device.:RO::Device Allocation::help=DevAllocHeader.html that will work but I'm unsure. Just looking for a second opinion. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
10 Replies
subscription-manager-gui(8)				       Subscription Manager				       subscription-manager-gui(8)

NAME
subscription-manager-gui - Launches the UI client of the Subscription Manager. SYNOPSIS
subscription-manager-gui [--register] DESCRIPTION
subscription-manager-gui opens the local client tool to manage subscriptions and installed products on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. The same tasks that can be performed by invoking subscription-manager can be performed in the GUI, including registering systems with a subscription management service, applying and removing subscriptions, and viewing the subscription status of installed products. The Subscription Manager UI can also be opened by selecting the Red Hat Subscription Manager item from the Applications > System Tools menu in RHEL 5.x or the System > Administration menu in RHEL 6.x. OPTIONS
--register If a system has not yet been registered, then the GUI registration page can be opened immediately, as the Subscription Manager GUI comes up. This is only relevant for unregistered systems; if this is used after a system is registered, the option is ignored. REFERENCES
For procedures and tasks that can be performed in the Subscription Manager UI, check the Gnome help files (by pressing <F1>) or refer to the RHEL Subscription Management Guide at <https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Subscription_Management/1.0/html/Sub- scription_Management_Guide/index.html>. ASSOCIATED FILES
* /usr/sbin/subscription-manager-gui * /usr/sbin/subscription-manager * /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf BUGS
This client is part of Red Hat Subscription Manager. To file bugs against this client, go to https://bugzilla.redhat.com, and select Red Hat > Red Hat Enterprise Linux > subscription-manager. AUTHORS
Deon Lackey, <dlackey@redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Red Hat, Inc. This is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2). A copy of this license is available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt. version 1.2 December 18, 2012 subscription-manager-gui(8)