Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to enable ifconfig to unprivileged user? Post 40082 by RTM on Monday 8th of September 2003 02:45:19 PM
Old 09-08-2003
You would have to add /sbin to your PATH.

Check your shell setup files (.profile, .kshrc, .cshrc, .login - fixing the ones for your shell).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable a user via remsh

hi guys, has anybody a solution to enable a user via remsh (in a script)? i know only this: remsh $i /usr/bin/passwd -r files -d USERNAME but on this option the user must enter a new passwd. is it possible to set the passwd in the string or in a file and set a parameter into the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottl
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filesystem monitor, for unprivileged user

how can i, ordinary, not a privileged user, monitor my part of filesystem ($HOME dir), to see (at least in log) when and which files was created/deleted/moved ? (I heard something abound "sandbox", but i don`t need to restrict applications, i just want to log its actions) p.s. my system is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: variety
0 Replies

3. Linux

How to Enable TELNET for root user

How to Enable TELNET for root user in Linux. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi_13
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular user - enable printer - aix unix

how can I let a regular user enable a printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naes
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Enable user quota

hi! i would like to enable user quota on my system (FreeBSD 6.2) i've check on enabling user quota here but i still confuse with fstab it shows there: /dev/da1s2g /home ufs rw,userquota 1 2 but my current /etc/fstab : # Device Mountpoint FStype Options ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdns
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To enable sqlplus for a user in unix

Hi I added a new user using root... now i need to enable sqlplus for that particular user... when i give sqlplus schemaname/pwd it gives $ sqlplus -bash: sqlplus: command not found PFB the OS am using $ uname -a Linux gs-portal-04 2.4.21-57.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Apr 23... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whiteboard
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to enable guest user in ubuntu 10.04

Hi, do you know how to enable guest user in ubuntu lucid 10.04 ? Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dagigg
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10

I am not able to get ftp working for Solaris 10 for root user. I am getting login failed error. 331 Password required for root. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. Tried following things already. 1. SFTP works ok, still would like to know why FTP is not working (curious). 2.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Grant unprivileged user rights to see the output of echo|format but not modify disks

anyone have any idea how do to this with auth_attr? I suspect if I grant him solaris.device.:RO::Device Allocation::help=DevAllocHeader.html that will work but I'm unsure. Just looking for a second opinion. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
10 Replies
SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					      SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)

NAME
spacewalk-channel - Subscribe to or unsubscribe system from channel. SYNOPSIS
spacewalk-channel [options] DESCRIPTION
spacewalk-channel allows you to subscribe to and unsubscribe from specified channels via the command line. A visit to the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic" website isn't required. OPTIONS
-l, --list Print a list of channel(s) that you are currently subscribed to. -b, --base Print a base channel that you are currently subscribed to. -L, --available-channels Print a list of all available child channels. -a, --add You are subscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -r, --remove You are unsubscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -u, --user Your username used to register the system with and for Red Hat Network Classic, Red Hat Satellite or Spacewalk. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -p, --password The password associated with the username specified with the --user option. This is an unencrypted password. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -c, --channel Label of channel you want to subscribe to or unsubscribe from. Can be specified multiple times. -v, --verbose Print out successfull action. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. NOTE
The addition and removal of channels is mutually exclusive, please use the command twice. EXAMPLES
Subscribe to two channels: spacewalk-channel --add -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password Unsubscribe from channel: spacewalk-channel --remove -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password List subscribed channels: spacewalk-channel --list SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), rhn_register(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
Miroslav Suchy <msuchy@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)