Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux GNU's Not Unix! - The Free Software Foundation Post 40042 by cbkihong on Sunday 7th of September 2003 10:27:55 PM
Old 09-07-2003
Me too. Same for "GNOME".

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

want to know hot to get free unix software

:mad: :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rolando
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Free UNIX software with oracle

Hi Friends, is there any site for download the UNIX operating system with Oracle database. if yes, Please send me the link for download the free Oracle software in UNIX environment. Thanks MPS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free unix software

I used to have a free software on my computer to practice unix. Unfortunately, I had to rebuild the laptop after it was infected by a virus. Now I cannot remember the website where to download the software. Can anyone point me to a site? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Free Radius Software (GNU)

hi i have heared that there is a package called freeradius used for authenticating!!! actually i want to learn more about it but i cant find details on how to use it? is it based on client server model i.e should i have to install in both client and the server machines ? i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u.n.i.x
2 Replies
gnome-about(1)							   User Commands						    gnome-about(1)

NAME
gnome-about - display GNOME introductory information SYNOPSIS
gnome-about [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME introductory dialog displays a list of the GNOME contributors, and provides links to some useful GNOME websites. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying the GNOME introductory information example% gnome-about EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-about Executable for GNOME introductory information display. /usr/share/gnome/gnome-aXMLtsource-ofrGNOMExversion, build date and introductory text for the application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-std-options(5), attributes(5) Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
The gnome-version.xml file format is classified as External and its stability should not be relied upon. Written by Mark McLoughlin, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-about(1)