Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Response time under packet loss Post 39919 by shane on Thursday 4th of September 2003 06:52:28 PM
Old 09-04-2003
Question Response time under packet loss

I am experiencing a problem where under a dial condition I am experiencing packet loss, which is failrly normal, but the response to the packet loss is taking bewteen 6 and 10 seconds. Could someone please advise what the industry standard is on the response time under a packet loss senario.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -l : response time slow

Hi all, If I give ls , it lists files in 1 second. It I give ls -l , it takes 8 seconds There are only 55 files in the directory. Any explanation? Thanks Wilson (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geraldwilson
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Response time & IO max

in HP-UX how i can measure the response time and how can i find the maximum IO (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salhoub
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

packet loss problem

I have 4 network ports on our T5240 sun server. all but 1 gives packet losses (nxge1) nxge0 gives on average 50% packet loss, very bad. nxge2 gives on average 1-2% packet loss. nxge3 gives on average 20% packet loss. Is there a tool or something to help me find the problem? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
11 Replies

4. Solaris

Packet loss on ce interface.

Hi, I am using the ce interface on my Solaris 9 server and there is significant packet loss when transmitting large packets. Does anyone have a fix for this? ----10.1.0.0 PING Statistics---- 51 packets transmitted, 42 packets received, 17% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max =... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate response time from log

I have a running log file (jboss_server.log) which rotates at midnight . I need to constantly check and calculate the time for each thread and alert if it doesnt complete within 60 minute. For example my log file has following printed . I want to run a script in cron every 30 minutes and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
2 Replies

6. AIX

Packet loss coming with big packet size ping

(5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processes running response time

Hi All I have been asked to write scripts within our monitoring tool for a vast requirement set. One of the requirements is below: • Lowest, Highest & Average response times of the Documentum process threads serving client requests Essentially they want a view where we can see the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
4 Replies
MPSCNNLossDataDescriptor(3)				 MetalPerformanceShaders.framework			       MPSCNNLossDataDescriptor(3)

NAME
MPSCNNLossDataDescriptor SYNOPSIS
#import <MPSCNNLoss.h> Inherits NSObject, and <NSCopying>. Instance Methods (nonnull instancetype) - init Class Methods (nullable MPSCNNLossDataDescriptor *) + cnnLossDataDescriptorWithData:layout:size: Properties MPSDataLayout layout MTLSize size NSUInteger bytesPerRow NSUInteger bytesPerImage Detailed Description This depends on Metal.framework. The MPSCNNLossDataDescriptor specifies a loss data descriptor. The same descriptor can be used to initialize both the labels and the optional weights data. Method Documentation + (nullable MPSCNNLossDataDescriptor*) cnnLossDataDescriptorWithData: (NSData *__nonnull) data(MPSDataLayout) layout(MTLSize) size Make a descriptor loss data. The bytesPerRow and bytesPerImage are automatically calculated assuming a dense array. If it is not a dense array, adjust bytesPerRow and bytesPerImage to the right value by changing properties. Parameters: data The per-element loss data. The data must be in floating point format. layout The data layout of loss data. size The size of loss data. Returns: A valid MPSCNNLossDataDescriptor object or nil, if failure. - (nonnull instancetype) init Property Documentation - bytesPerImage [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] Slice bytes of loss data. This parameter specifies the slice bytes of loss data. - bytesPerRow [read], [write], [nonatomic], [assign] Row bytes of loss data. This parameter specifies the row bytes of loss data. - layout [read], [nonatomic], [assign] Data layout of loss data. See MPSImage.h for more information. This parameter specifies the layout of loss data. - size [read], [nonatomic], [assign] Size of loss data: (width, height, feature channels}. This parameter specifies the size of loss data. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for MetalPerformanceShaders.framework from the source code. Version MetalPerformanceShaders-100 Thu Feb 8 2018 MPSCNNLossDataDescriptor(3)