Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Cyrus Imap receiving via pop3? Post 39879 by raymax83 on Wednesday 3rd of September 2003 04:37:33 AM
Old 09-03-2003
Question Cyrus Imap receiving via pop3?

Hi all,

I'm building a webmail server (squirrelmail) using Cyrus IMAP... I just can't figure out how to receive pop3 email with imapd and sorting them in user email boxes....

Just right now I think it is not possible with Cyrus IMAP, but what program should I use them to receive pop3 email from an other server and sort them from receivers address to users mailboxes so IMAP can read them ?

Thanks,

Niels

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pop3

hello dear friends I configured my dns in solaris 8 X86 pc and my sendmail, but i only can send email. i don't can receive email...... i saw inetd.conf and don't have the line of pop3. how can i add the line?and what the command? Thanks friends (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: themask
8 Replies

2. Linux

pop3

Hi Can anybody help me for configuring pop3 mail account i linux i m using linux enterprise 3. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
1 Replies

3. Linux

pop3 and imap problem

Hi all I have a Redhat 8 box running sendmail-8.12.8-9.80. I use both imap and pop3 for clients to donwlaod mails. imap is used by some application related stuff. The users use opp3 to download their mails. The problem started a yesterday when 1 user complained that he was not able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Pop3

Opensuse Postfix ispconfig I would like to limit pop3 connections to three areas. 1. local, like 192. something 2. top domain for my Internet connection, like 204. something. 3. top domain for one other, like 270. something. What would be the easiest/best way to do this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KillerDog
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail, Cyrus, Dovecot

I've been using Sendmail for several months - no problem. Shortly, a need appeared to provide remote access to mail - POP3/IMAP. I worked a little with Dovecot, and there was some success, than I read that Cyrus is cooler or so, like better for production sites because it makes links and not copies... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure Cyrus SASL NTLM Plugin with Postfix

Hello I hope somebody can help with this. I have a shell, that in case of failure, sends an email (relaying through an Exchange Server). This Exchange server only offers NTLM authentication. 250-AUTH NTLM This is the configuration I have: Postfix 2.1.1 as client. Cyrus-SASL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configure Cyrus SASL NTLM Plugin with Postfix

Hello I hope somebody can help with this. I have a shell, that in case of failure, sends an email (relaying through an Exchange Server). This Exchange server only offers NTLM authentication. 250-AUTH NTLM This is the configuration I have: Postfix 2.1.1 as client. Cyrus-SASL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
1 Replies
CTL_CYRUSDB(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    CTL_CYRUSDB(8)

NAME
ctl_cyrusdb - perform operations common to all Cyrus databases SYNOPSIS
ctl_cyrusdb [ -C config-file ] -r [ -x ] ctl_cyrusdb [ -C config-file ] -c DESCRIPTION
Ctl_cyrusdb is used to perform various administrative operations on the Cyrus databases. Ctl_cyrusdb reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. The configdirectory option is used to determine the default location of the Cyrus databases. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -r Recover the databases after an application or system failure. Also performs database cleanup like removing mailbox reservations (and any associated mailbox files). All mailbox files are also checked to make sure the file format matches the configured database type in imapd.conf. If not, the file is automatically converted using the same logic as cvt_cyrusdb. -x Used with -r to recover the database only. (Prevents database cleanup). -c Checkpoint and archive the databases. Changes to the database which are part of committed transactions are written to disk. Also, a hot backup of the databases is made and inactive log files are removed. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
imapd.conf(5), cyrmaster(8) CMU
Project Cyrus CTL_CYRUSDB(8)