Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Cyrus Imap receiving via pop3? Post 39879 by raymax83 on Wednesday 3rd of September 2003 04:37:33 AM
Old 09-03-2003
Question Cyrus Imap receiving via pop3?

Hi all,

I'm building a webmail server (squirrelmail) using Cyrus IMAP... I just can't figure out how to receive pop3 email with imapd and sorting them in user email boxes....

Just right now I think it is not possible with Cyrus IMAP, but what program should I use them to receive pop3 email from an other server and sort them from receivers address to users mailboxes so IMAP can read them ?

Thanks,

Niels

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pop3

hello dear friends I configured my dns in solaris 8 X86 pc and my sendmail, but i only can send email. i don't can receive email...... i saw inetd.conf and don't have the line of pop3. how can i add the line?and what the command? Thanks friends (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: themask
8 Replies

2. Linux

pop3

Hi Can anybody help me for configuring pop3 mail account i linux i m using linux enterprise 3. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
1 Replies

3. Linux

pop3 and imap problem

Hi all I have a Redhat 8 box running sendmail-8.12.8-9.80. I use both imap and pop3 for clients to donwlaod mails. imap is used by some application related stuff. The users use opp3 to download their mails. The problem started a yesterday when 1 user complained that he was not able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Pop3

Opensuse Postfix ispconfig I would like to limit pop3 connections to three areas. 1. local, like 192. something 2. top domain for my Internet connection, like 204. something. 3. top domain for one other, like 270. something. What would be the easiest/best way to do this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KillerDog
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail, Cyrus, Dovecot

I've been using Sendmail for several months - no problem. Shortly, a need appeared to provide remote access to mail - POP3/IMAP. I worked a little with Dovecot, and there was some success, than I read that Cyrus is cooler or so, like better for production sites because it makes links and not copies... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure Cyrus SASL NTLM Plugin with Postfix

Hello I hope somebody can help with this. I have a shell, that in case of failure, sends an email (relaying through an Exchange Server). This Exchange server only offers NTLM authentication. 250-AUTH NTLM This is the configuration I have: Postfix 2.1.1 as client. Cyrus-SASL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configure Cyrus SASL NTLM Plugin with Postfix

Hello I hope somebody can help with this. I have a shell, that in case of failure, sends an email (relaying through an Exchange Server). This Exchange server only offers NTLM authentication. 250-AUTH NTLM This is the configuration I have: Postfix 2.1.1 as client. Cyrus-SASL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viktor1985
1 Replies
IMAPPROXYD(8)							 IMAP proxy daemon						     IMAPPROXYD(8)

NAME
imapproxyd - IMAP proxy daemon SYNOPSIS
imapproxyd [ -f <config file name> ] [ -p <pidfile name> ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the imapproxyd command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. UP-ImapProxy proxies IMAP transactions between an IMAP client and an IMAP server. The general idea is that the client should never know that it is not talking to the real IMAP server, but ImapProxy caches server connections. ImapProxy was written to compensate for webmail clients that are unable to maintain persistent connections to an IMAP server. Most webmail clients need to log in to an IMAP server for nearly every single transaction; This behaviour can cause tragic performance problems on the IMAP server. ImapProxy tries to deal with this problem by leaving server connections open for a short time after a webmail client logs out. When the webmail client connects again, ImapProxy will determine if there is a cached connection available and reuse it if possible. FILES
By default, UP-ImapProxy reads /etc/imapproxy.conf on startup. This can be changed by using the -f option Unless foreground_mode has been enabled, UP-ImapProxy will write its PID to to a PID-file. It defaults to /var/run/imapproxy.pid, but can be overridden with the -p option SEE ALSO
pimpstat(8), AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon@adv-solutions.net>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Dave McMurtrie Mar 12, 2004 IMAPPROXYD(8)