Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disksuite questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Disksuite questions Post 39821 by davidg on Monday 1st of September 2003 08:50:04 AM
Old 09-01-2003
Hi,

I think you should be very carefull now !!!
Please always note down th excisting config of the format command before you take action !!

In this case your c0 disk will almost always be your root-disk. You definitly don't want to change that config !!!

So always start at c1 in this case. As you have all disks on the same controller there is no need to do split mirroring, etc. Just use a whole disk on c1t?d0s2 .Slice 2 is always the complete disk, so no need for re-config.

Please read the docs that can be found on sunsolve.sun.com This is the best site ever for finding Sun solution.
Be proud to do Sun maintenance !! Take your time to read the apropriate docs.

Regs David

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DiskSuite: Breaking mirrors.

Ok, so I have a remote system (7 states away) that's using SDS to manage the two 18 gig disks. /, swap, /var, /home, and /opt. The mirroring procedure I created uses installboot to ensure there's a bootblk on both disks of an SDS mirror. The system has a problem booting (can't write to... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
21 Replies

2. Solaris

Solstice DiskSuite

Has anybody every used Solstice DiskSuite? I am having trouble setting it up. I installed it without a problem, but do I really have to blow away the drives on the D1000 just to create a metastate database? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disksuite and raidctl used together

I have a live Sunfire v440 server with 4 drives and I want to mirror drive 0 & 1 to 2 & 3. The on-board raid controller only allows for 1 live mirror. I was thinking of disksuite, but unfortunately the second disk is just one large partition with no free slices. I was thinking of using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 disksuite

We recently got a third party in to upgrade our solaris 8 sparc server to solaris 10. A few month later I now have a disk mirror problem that I would normally fix by going into the GUI screen "metatool" It appears that the third party didn't install disksuite after the upgrade. Does anyone know... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
10 Replies

5. Solaris

DiskSuite dilemma

Hello, We have this system a SunFire 280R running Solaris 8 Generic_117350-46. It has 2 36GB disks in it. They are mirrored with DiskSuite 4.2.1. When we execute a metastat all the devices report an Okay status, but when we go into metatool everything is in the Critical (maintenance)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
4 Replies

6. Solaris

mirroring with disksuite

hi all, i want to mirror two disks with disksuite under solaris 9 , doses smeone can explain me Briefly the essential steps to do that plz ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Looking for Solstice DiskSuite 4.2

Hi all, Do you know where I can download Soltice Disksuite 4.2 for Solaris 2.6 ? I haven't the CD labeled “Solaris Server Intranet Extensions 1.0” . Thanks in advance for your precious help. Bests Regards Hosni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosni
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Disksuite mirror expansion

Hi I had a disksuite mirror with two sub-mirrors which I wanted to expand. To expand this I had the bright idea of detaching one of the sub-mirrors and doing a metaclear on that submirror - then re-sized the underlying partition ( doubling it in size ) then I did a metainit on this partition as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianc1234
6 Replies

9. Solaris

disksuite mirroring d0 to d2 and d1 to d3

I have a SOlaris 10 v240 server. I'm installing disksuite to mirror the root drive D0 to D2. I also have one partition on disk 1 that I want to mirror to D3. I am not using ZFS right now. Can I add that to my initial mirroring configuration or can I only mirror 1 drive to 1 drive? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Disksuite question

Hello all, I have a Solaris Disksuite question :- I will be adding 4 new drives to an E250 server and need will be configuring 2 striped volumes each consisting 2 new disks with SVM. In the end i will have 2 volumes each of 72gb. So in effect i will have 1 volume called D7 and another volume... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: commandline
6 Replies
DEBCONF-SET-SELECTIONS(1)					      Debconf						 DEBCONF-SET-SELECTIONS(1)

NAME
debconf-set-selections - insert new default values into the debconf database SYNOPSIS
debconf-set-selections file debconf-get-selections | ssh newhost debconf-set-selections DESCRIPTION
debconf-set-selections can be used to pre-seed the debconf database with answers, or to change answers in the database. Each question will be marked as seen to prevent debconf from asking the question interactively. Reads from a file if a filename is given, otherwise from stdin. WARNING
Only use this command to seed debconf values for packages that will be or are installed. Otherwise you can end up with values in the database for uninstalled packages that will not go away, or with worse problems involving shared values. It is recommended that this only be used to seed the database if the originating machine has an identical install. DATA FORMAT
The data is a series of lines. Lines beginning with a # character are comments. Blank lines are ignored. All other lines set the value of one question, and should contain four values, each separated by one character of whitespace. The first value is the name of the package that owns the question. The second is the name of the question, the third value is the type of this question, and the fourth value (through the end of the line) is the value to use for the answer of the question. Alternatively, the third value can be "seen"; then the preseed line only controls whether the question is marked as seen in debconf's database. Note that preseeding a question's value defaults to marking that question as seen, so to override the default value without marking a question seen, you need two lines. Lines can be continued to the next line by ending them with a "" character. EXAMPLES
# Force debconf priority to critical. debconf debconf/priority select critical # Override default frontend to readline, but allow user to select. debconf debconf/frontend select readline debconf debconf/frontend seen false OPTIONS
--verbose, -v verbose output --checkonly, -c only check the input file format, do not save changes to database SEE ALSO
debconf-get-selections(1) (available in the debconf-utils package) AUTHOR
Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> 2011-06-22 DEBCONF-SET-SELECTIONS(1)