Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Output Multiple Field from dataBase file Post 39814 by saabir on Monday 1st of September 2003 05:24:25 AM
Old 09-01-2003
One possible way:

for x in 1 2 4
do
*dataBase1_dump -a | grep "Field$x" >> filename.out
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for the value of one particular field and give output in a different file

hi i need to check for the value of one particular field : in the output file. the file may contain many such records as below how to ???? *** Throttled with base name + key params! : : -518594328 : les.alarm.LBS12005 : les.alarm.LBS12005 : les : lessrv1 : les : 2328 : 0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract the data from database (oracle) and send the output as an .xls file?

Hi, How to extract the data from Oracle database and sent the output data to mails using mailx command with .xls attachement? Here i know how to connect the database using unix shell script and how to use the mailx command in UNIX script But i don't know how to use the .xls format file (i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling multiple fields of a database file for toupper() function in awk

hello everyone.... script is: To convert the contents of a database file into uppercase my code is: printf "%s\n" , $2 | awk '{print toupper($2)}' emp.lst i m able to do only for one field.....didn't get any sources for handling multiple fields. please suggest me for multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Bhati
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split file into multiple files using awk based on 1 field in the file?

Good day all I need some helps, say that I have data like below, each field separated by a tab DATE NAME ADDRESS 15/7/2012 LX a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX1 a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB2 a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX2 a.b.c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexyyw
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files Field by field and output the result in another file

Hi Friends, Need Help. I have file1.txt as File1.txt |123|A|7267|Hyder|Cross|Sell|7801 |995|A|7051|2008|Lunar|New|Year|Promotion|7801 |996|A|7022|Q108|Targ|Prospect|&|SSCC|Savings|Promo|7801 |997|A|7182|Q1|Feb-Apr|08|Credit|ITA|PA|SBA|Campaign|7801 File2.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help. Compare 2 files field by field and get the output in another file.

Hi Freinds, I have 2 files . one is source.txt and second one is target.txt. I want to keep source.txt as baseline and compare target.txt. please find the data in 2 files and Expected output. Source.txt 1|HYD|NAG|TRA|34.5|1234 2|CHE|ESW|DES|36.5|134 3|BAN|MEH|TRA|33.5|234... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ID incorrect field values in dat file and output to new file

Hi All I have a .dat file, the values are seperated by ". I wish to identify all field values in field 14 that are not '01-APR-2013' band then copy those records to a new file. Can anyone suggest the UNIX command required. Thanks in advance Andy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aurum1313
2 Replies

8. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get output of multiple pattern match from first field to a file

Hi All, Greetings! I have a file of 40000+ lines with different entries, I need matching entries filterd out to their files based on first filed pattern for the matching : For example: All server1 entries (in field1) to come together with its path in 2nd field. The best output I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
9 Replies
Mail::Field::Generic(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Mail::Field::Generic(3)

NAME
Mail::Field::Generic - implementation for inspecific fields INHERITANCE
Mail::Field::Generic is a Mail::Field SYNOPSIS
use Mail::Field; my $field = Mail::Field->new('Subject', 'some subject text'); my $field = Mail::Field->new(subject => 'some subject text'); DESCRIPTION
A generic implementation for header fields without own implementation. This is fine for fields like "Subject", "X-Mailer", etc., where the field holds only a string of no particular importance/format. METHODS
Constructors Mail::Field::Generic->combine(FIELDS) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field Mail::Field::Generic->extract(TAG, HEAD [, INDEX ]) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field Mail::Field::Generic->new(TAG [, STRING | OPTIONS]) See "Constructors" in Mail::Field "Fake" constructors $obj->create(OPTIONS) Option--Default Text '' . Text => STRING $obj->parse([STRING]) Set the new text, which is empty when no STRING is provided. Accessors $obj->set(OPTIONS) See "Accessors" in Mail::Field $obj->stringify See "Accessors" in Mail::Field $obj->tag Mail::Field::Generic->tag See "Accessors" in Mail::Field Smart accessors $obj->text([STRING]) See "Smart accessors" in Mail::Field DETAILS
DIAGNOSTICS
Error: Undefined subroutine <method> called Mail::Field objects use autoloading to compile new functionality. Apparently, the mehod called is not implemented for the specific class of the field object. SEE ALSO
This module is part of the MailTools distribution, http://perl.overmeer.net/mailtools/. AUTHORS
The MailTools bundle was developed by Graham Barr. Later, Mark Overmeer took over maintenance without commitment to further development. Mail::Cap by Gisle Aas <aas@oslonett.no>. Mail::Field::AddrList by Peter Orbaek <poe@cit.dk>. Mail::Mailer and Mail::Send by Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@ig.co.uk>. For other contributors see ChangeLog. LICENSE
Copyrights 1995-2000 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> and 2001-2007 Mark Overmeer <perl@overmeer.net>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.12.1 2010-01-26 Mail::Field::Generic(3)