Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Interested, but lost.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Interested, but lost. Post 39810 by Ned on Monday 1st of September 2003 02:08:56 AM
Old 09-01-2003
One more noob question.
Which is downloading the files via ftp... sadly. I'm a complete Microsoft user and I'm pretty use to having files handed to me.

Right now I'm using Download Accelerator (because I use to use a 56 modem and haven't got over it) and when I enter the ftp I want to download from it prompts me for a user ID and password.

Nevermind... found jigdo...

Last edited by Ned; 09-01-2003 at 03:30 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extremely Interested

As i was reading an article on being a "HACKERS" which was 30 minutes ago thinking that HACKING was the same as CRACKING, after the reading i discovered their difference, a hacker builds the internet while crackers just cracks and annoy like phreaking and breaking into people's computer. That... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Punk18
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interested in partial command output.

Command output is given to the console. As in the following case - wc -l filename produces following output nn filename From this, I am only interested with nn(rowcount). Cant we simply extract it thr console? I also tried with null device, I know as - /dev/null wc -l filename >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interested in getting new projects

Hi , I am interested in getting some new projects on shell scripting . Can some one suggest me some bidding site where I can get the projects. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

In which sport are you interested?

I am swimmer and also gym is here . What sport do you practice ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
8 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)