Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail timeout
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sendmail timeout Post 39742 by benzo on Friday 29th of August 2003 01:01:14 AM
Old 08-29-2003
sendmail timeout

Just implemented sendmail on rh9. The clients are timing out or dropping a connection to the server. What's up? I've been tweaking, but no noticable change. They can recieve and send mail, but it errors out consistently and then reconnects fine. Am I missing a timeout setting in the cf file? My boss is about to give up on this linux/sendmail resolution and it would be a shame because it has already proven to be better than our past piece of sit quickmail macOS server. Let sendmail live on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

timeout

How can I kick a user out after being idle for a certain amount of time, would prefer not to use scripts, will TMOUT work on HP-UX? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

2. Solaris

About the Timeout

Hello everyone I am a new one,I want to know how to get the solaris force the loginer out if he do not in a time thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyh003473
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

timeout problem

Hi can anyone help with the following:- when sending large e-mails via a ssh session the job always times out every 5 min before the mail is sent, this means that a user has to tap a key to stop it timming out. Is there a way to stop this from happening. Numpty (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: numpty
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

RPC Timeout

I have a RHEL 2.1 machine that I am trying to get to mount a remote nfs filesystem. Both servers have 2 network interfaces. My linux machine can mount the filesystem through one interface with no problems but if I switch over and try to mount it through the other interface using a totally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darren.wyatt
1 Replies

5. Linux

RSH Timeout

Hi All I have a nice little script that i have written in Perl, in it use RSH ( yes i know it is i should being using ssh, but it i secure network it is being run on) the idea of the script it that it will RSH into a machine and then follow out a command, the problem i am running into is if the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John101
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXCEPT timeout problem

i am trying to write an except script to ssh into a list of devices and run some commands, and i came across this problem, not every device is alive, which breaks the script, my script looks like this #!/usr/bin/expect # set defaults set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

sendmail connection timeout

Hi I am trying to configure sendmail for logwatch and another script i have . However when i try to send a test mail i am getting the following error. Logwatch is not sending any emails out nor is denyhost. I just want it to send emails out . Can anyone help me ? i have looked through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: um08
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a Timeout

Hi I'm writing a script which based on a condition, restarts a set of servers. The problem I'm facing is, say if one of the server is down, my script stops there and fails to proceed. How can I ensure to set a timeout value on that script, so when the server is not reachable, the script should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathbalaji
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
MAILSTATS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MAILSTATS(8)

NAME
mailstats - display mail statistics SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-c] [-o] [-p] [-P] [-C cffile] [-f stfile] DESCRIPTION
The mailstats utility displays the current mail statistics. First, the time at which statistics started being kept is displayed, in the format specified by ctime(3). Then, the statistics for each mailer are displayed on a single line, each with the following white space separated fields: M The mailer number. msgsfr Number of messages from the mailer. bytes_from Kbytes from the mailer. msgsto Number of messages to the mailer. bytes_to Kbytes to the mailer. msgsrej Number of messages rejected. msgsdis Number of messages discarded. Mailer The name of the mailer. After this display, a line totaling the values for all of the mailers is displayed (preceded with a ``T''), separated from the previous information by a line containing only equals (``='') characters. Another line preceded with a ``C'' lists the number of TCP connections. The options are as follows: -C Read the specified file instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -c Try to use submit.cf instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -f Read the specified statistics file instead of the statistics file specified in the sendmail configuration file. -P Output information in program-readable mode without clearing statistics. -p Output information in program-readable mode and clear statistics. -o Don't display the name of the mailer in the output. The mailstats utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf The default sendmail configuration file. /etc/mail/statistics The default sendmail statistics file. SEE ALSO
mailq(1), sendmail(8) $Date: 2002/09/26 23:03:39 $ MAILSTATS(8)