Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command is respawning too rapidly..message Post 39651 by finster on Wednesday 27th of August 2003 04:10:52 AM
Old 08-27-2003
I read the same on the net as well.......doesn't look good........except I get to practice my installation again.

Luckily nothing major lost.

Thanks again.

If anyone knows more specifics on this it would be appreciated...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some kind of message command

Hello All, hope someone here can help me with this. I am a new unix system administrator on the HP-UX machine. Every night, our operators back up our file system using one tape but as of recently, our files have gotten bigger and it now requires 2 tapes for a complete backup. Since the operators... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjit
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

not sure what this message means, last command

in the last command..........what's this mean? i truncated the user name for obvious reasons, b b rexecd Wed Jan 7 08:53 still logged in b rexecd Wed Jan 7 08:53 still logged in b rexecd Wed Jan 7 08:53 still logged in b rexecd Wed Jan 7 08:53 still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX respawning boot failure

Hello. System is a HP Visualize C3600 running X11 and after a power failure machine will not boot (see error messages below) From what I've read, this may be caused by a corrupted etc/inittab file. Solution suggested on other websites is to boot in single user mode and edit file inittab... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: westcoast
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

INIT: Command respawning too rapidly

INIT:Command is respawning too rapidly Check for errors: id:cons /usr/sbin/getty console console A solution I read about in a different HPUX Forums help pages on line, said to add the -h option to this command in the /etc/inittab file to correct the problem. I tried this and it did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1bigdog
2 Replies

5. AIX

mkitab problem with /etc/inittab respawning

Hi All, May be a dumb question to old AIX hacks, if so apologize. I have worked with /etc/inittab on SCO, but apparently with AIX you should use the 'mkitab' command to add entries instead of just vi'ing the file. I just need a daemon process (script called 'dpr_daemon') to kick off once and... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
19 Replies

6. Red Hat

ls command with a welcome message !

Dear Friends , Is it possible to generate a welcome message when I give the command "ls" from a particular user's home directory in Unix/Linux platform ? suppose , in following example , bash-3.00# whoami root bash-3.00# ls When I give ls command then it shows the output as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Server load rapidly increases resulting in complete freeze

Hi All, I run Linux server that hosts PHP/MySQL web-projects. The problem is that it becomes irresponsive periodically, avg. load rapidly goes up to 100.0 and more and I have to do cold reboot. Usually this sudden increase happens in 1-2 mins and it's very difficult to catch this moment in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: livedatesearch
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help with AWK to parse rapidly changing XML messages

Hi Guy's Can I please get some help with this code. I have xml feed file which rapidly changing temporary file and I need to capture the content of this file as soon as data arrives. Example of the data Required data output Time is current time. This is awk code that I have so far... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
4 Replies

9. Solaris

ZFS: /system/zones "respawning" on rpool

Hi, I have this fresh installation of Solaris 11.3 sparc. I have two zfs pools both using two disks in mirroring mode, both are online. I want to move /system/zones, currently rpool/VARSHARE/zones, from rpool to the other zfs pool so my zones don't consume space on the disks allocated to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: X96
1 Replies
GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)

NAME
git-lost-found - Recover lost refs that luckily have not yet been pruned SYNOPSIS
git lost-found DESCRIPTION
NOTE: this command is deprecated. Use git-fsck(1) with the option --lost-found instead. Finds dangling commits and tags from the object database, and creates refs to them in the .git/lost-found/ directory. Commits and tags that dereference to commits are stored in .git/lost-found/commit, and other objects are stored in .git/lost-found/other. OUTPUT
Prints to standard output the object names and one-line descriptions of any commits or tags found. EXAMPLE
Suppose you run git tag -f and mistype the tag to overwrite. The ref to your tag is overwritten, but until you run git prune, the tag itself is still there. $ git lost-found [1ef2b196d909eed523d4f3c9bf54b78cdd6843c6] GIT 0.99.9c ... Also you can use gitk to browse how any tags found relate to each other. $ gitk $(cd .git/lost-found/commit && echo ??*) After making sure you know which the object is the tag you are looking for, you can reconnect it to your regular refs hierarchy by using the update-ref command. $ git cat-file -t 1ef2b196 tag $ git cat-file tag 1ef2b196 object fa41bbce8e38c67a218415de6cfa510c7e50032a type commit tag v0.99.9c tagger Junio C Hamano <junkio@cox.net> 1131059594 -0800 GIT 0.99.9c This contains the following changes from the "master" branch, since ... $ git update-ref refs/tags/not-lost-anymore 1ef2b196 $ git rev-parse not-lost-anymore 1ef2b196d909eed523d4f3c9bf54b78cdd6843c6 GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)