Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Diffrent IP range connectivity Post 39625 by nikk on Tuesday 26th of August 2003 04:42:37 AM
Old 08-26-2003
Diffrent IP range connectivity

Hi guys,
We have different IP ranges in our LAN, for instance my system IP Add. is in 163.183.37.x range, in the meantime i wish to connect to our printer/plotter which is 163.183.4.x & our LAN in another location with 163.183.38.x.

What shoul i do except defining pesudo IP Add's? as a temporary solution i've defined pesudo IPs in related ranges, so with "ifconfig -a" we get three different IP addresses.

As this is not a logical solution so Pls. advise.

Thanks,
Nikk

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diffrent versions of Unix/Linux

With so many diffrent flavors out there, how is a person soposed to know what to go with? I'm not asking for specific discussion here in this forum, but I would like to see various pages and articles dicsussing the pluses and minuses of various unix/linux OS's. I have been searching various... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MorderKartoffel
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reconstructing a record in a diffrent order

Can sed be used to take a existing record and reverse the order of defined character placement if there is no delimeters? existing record: 0123456789CO expected result: 9876543210CO if there were delimeters I could define the delimeter and each placement would have an id which I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: r1500
1 Replies

3. Programming

using a filepointer in a diffrent program

Hi ALL : consider the given 2 codes: //p1.c #include<stdio.h> FILE * fp; main() { pid_t pid; fp=fopen(".........."); // now i am transfering the control to a new process(p2.c). pid=fork(); if(pid==0) ..... execl(" p2".....); .... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a sheel script to compare no of file on diffrent servers

i have serverA and serverB and i have a folder with same name an location in both servers.... Now i want to compare files in folder(serverA) with folder (serverB) if there are files missing in folderB then copy those files from folder(serverA) to folder(serverB) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashahzad
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

samba fileshare across 2 diffrent workgroup

Hi im trying to configure samba on linux server so win client can access the shared files but my win client is on diffrent domain , we recently changed our domain name but not for certain servers... i guess the samba linux server is still part of our sub domain which is why i still can access... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: halacil
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Diffrent output in cron jobs

Hi, I have issue with cron. When i run script manually output is fine but when i add it to cron output file is not as same. both file attach some junk charecter comming in cron output. thanx Jignesh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmistry
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed diffrent replace by occurrence

I couldn't find the answer anywhere, so I hope you could help me. I need to change something like the following: something/bla/aaaa anything/bbb to: something --bla ----aaaa anything --bbb How do I do this? Is it possible with sed? I tried various patterns, but don't know how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patwan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy-pasted code behaves diffrent

Heyas I'm currently attempting to apply the code of tui-select to tui-list. That is because tui-list simply made a 1 string list, while tui-select uses dynamicly up to 3 strings per line. Anyway, so i copy pasted the code, and just made the changes marked with red.... Know that both scripts... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies
qmail-remote(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   qmail-remote(8)

NAME
qmail-remote - send mail via SMTP SYNOPSIS
qmail-remote host sender recip [ recip ... ] DESCRIPTION
qmail-remote reads a mail message from its input and sends the message to one or more recipients at a remote host. The remote host is qmail-remote's first argument, host. qmail-remote sends the message to host, or to a mail exchanger for host listed in the Domain Name System, via the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). host can be either a fully-qualified domain name: silverton.berkeley.edu or an IP address enclosed in brackets: [128.32.183.163] The envelope recipient addresses are listed as recip arguments to qmail-remote. The envelope sender address is listed as sender. Note that qmail-remote does not take options and does not follow the getopt standard. TRANSPARENCY
End-of-file in SMTP is encoded as dot CR LF. A dot at the beginning of a line is encoded as dot dot. It is impossible in SMTP to send a message that does not end with a newline. qmail-remote converts the UNIX newline convention into the SMTP newline convention by inserting CR before each LF. It is a violation of the SMTP protocol to send a message that contains long lines or non-ASCII characters. However, qmail-remote will hap- pily send such messages. It is the user's responsibility to avoid generating illegal messages. RESULTS
qmail-remote prints some number of recipient reports, followed by a message report. Each report is terminated by a 0 byte. Each report begins with a single letter: r Recipient report: acceptance. h Recipient report: permanent rejection. s Recipient report: temporary rejection. K Message report: success. host has taken responsibility for delivering the message to each acceptable recipient. Z Message report: temporary failure. D Message report: permanent failure. After this letter comes a human-readable description of what happened. The recipient reports will always be printed in the same order as qmail-remote's recip arguments. Note that in failure cases there may be fewer recipient reports than recip arguments. qmail-remote always exits zero. CONTROL FILES
helohost Current host name, for use solely in saying hello to the remote SMTP server. Default: me, if that is supplied; otherwise qmail-remote refuses to run. smtproutes Artificial SMTP routes. Each route has the form domain:relay, without any extra spaces. If domain matches host, qmail-remote will connect to relay, as if host had relay as its only MX. (It will also avoid doing any CNAME lookups on recip.) host may include a colon and a port number to use instead of the normal SMTP port, 25: inside.af.mil:firewall.af.mil:26 relay may be empty; this tells qmail-remote to look up MX records as usual. smtproutes may include wildcards: .af.mil: :heaven.af.mil Here any address ending with .af.mil (but not af.mil itself) is routed by its MX records; any other address is artificially routed to heaven.af.mil. The qmail system does not protect you if you create an artificial mail loop between machines. However, you are always safe using smt- proutes if you do not accept mail from the network. timeoutconnect Number of seconds qmail-remote will wait for the remote SMTP server to accept a connection. Default: 60. The kernel normally imposes a 75-second upper limit. timeoutremote Number of seconds qmail-remote will wait for each response from the remote SMTP server. Default: 1200. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-control(5), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8), qmail-tcpok(8), qmail-tcpto(8) qmail-remote(8)